News By Tag
News By Place
Low Cost Business Ideas That You Can Do From Home
There are several low cost business ideas that can generate income quickly and many do not require any special training, or they involve skills that can be learned in a short period of time.
By: McQueen At Home
Here are some suggestions:
1. The demand for pet services has been increasing over the years. Dog walking, pet sitting, and dog obedience training are some examples. You also might want to consider a mobile pet grooming service. This could include clipping cats nails and providing baths and grooming for dogs. Some pet owners would rather have someone come to their home rather than take an anxious animal out in the car, even if they have to pay more for this service.
2. If you like working with children you may want to consider tutoring. You do not necessarily need special training for this. There are children who may need extra help learning grammar, math, or other skills, and teachers may not always have the available time with them. For this reason parents may be looking for tutoring help.
3. There are many seniors living at home that require some extra help. These tasks may include grocery shopping, house cleaning, preparing meals, and taking them to appointments, or even just for an outing, to get out of the house for a while. Providing companionship is also important, as you might be the only person they see that day. You should enjoy being with seniors and have good conversation skills. It is also important to listen and have patience and understanding.
4. If you don't mind doing housework, you may want to consider a residential housecleaning business. You can provide your own cleaning supplies and advertise as a provider of environmentally friendly, non toxic products. This may be particularly important to people with allergy or health problems. Such things as carpet cleaning or window washing require special equipment and are not done on a regular basis regardless, but most people want their home cleaned at least every other week.
5. Direct sales companies offer a large range of products. This includes kitchen items, cosmetics and health related products. In many cases, demonstrations and parties are done in people's homes. Consultants may also set up a display at markets, craft shows and shopping malls.
Businesses such as Pampered Chef and Avon are two examples of direct sales companies. Commissions are earned with each sale, and they can be quite lucrative over time. Many of these businesses allow people to sponsor others, which will further add to the income that is earned.
A direct sales representative is a private contractor. This means individuals can work their own hours and set appointments and demonstrations at times that are convenient for them.
6. If you like working with numbers and have some accounting skills, you may wish to have a bookkeeping business. You should be knowledgeable in using spreadsheet software. If you do need some extra training, many colleges offer training and online courses are available.
You should be detail oriented and of course honesty and accuracy are a must. Many small businesses do not like doing bookkeeping and are willing to pay for help to get this done.
There are several ways you can start attracting clients in whatever business idea you choose. You can advertise in your local area both online and offline. Joining a local organization such as the Chamber of Commerce will allow you to network and find potential clients. Let people you know what you are doing, as you may generate a lot of leads from referrals. Once you start building a client base, they may refer you to other people as well. When you have done a good job, many people will be happy to refer you to