10 Top Tips for a New, Active and Healthier You!
London, UK – Do you want to be fit and healthy in 2013? Are you looking to make a change to your lifestyle that is one you can really stick to? Can you visualise a new, active, healthier you?
YOU CAN MAKE IT HAPPEN – A NEW, ACTIVE AND HEALTHIER YOU IS HERE!
iGlobalWellness have the Top 10 Tips to help you create a new, healthy you for the New Year and beyond.
● Take up a new hobby – pursuits like swimming, squash or tennis are a great way to get active and enjoy yourself at the same time. The more you enjoy it, the more you'll want to be active – making a huge difference to your lifestyle.
● Incorporate activity and exercise into your daily lifestyle – you'll be surprised at how easy this can be. Walk in your lunch hour, take the stairs at work, walk to the shops, take the dog out, do some hoovering, get off the bus a stop before your destination – little bursts of activity have more of an impact on your health and wellness than you may first think.
● Make dinner-time, family time – not only do you get quality time with your loved ones, but a sit down family meal encourages you to create a delicious healthy cuisine. Plus eating slowly aids digestion and helps you to feel full, discouraging over-eating.
● Switch off the TV and go for a family walk after dinner or at the weekend. Not only will you burn calories and improve your cardiovascular health but you’ll get to spend quality time together.
● Commit to getting a great night's sleep – A good night's sleep sets you up for the day, improves your mood and can combat the desire to reach for the coffee and chocolate, avoiding caffeine overload.
● Create a weekly meal plan – Not only does this give you interesting variety in what you eat, but planning helps make sure you create healthy options and avoid prepared meals that may be quick and easy but are full of fat and calories
● Drink plenty of water – There is a reason this is said time and time again – because it works! Keeping yourself hydrated has a huge positive impact on your health.
● Don't feel guilty about relaxing – in today's hectic world, allowing yourself time to relax is vital to feeling healthy. Read a book, meditate – the choice is yours. You will feel energised as a result and ready to get active!
● If you are trying to lose-weight, follow the slow and steady approach. Healthy eating, healthy exercise, realistic expectations with a dose of positive thinking will help make your weight-loss goals achievable and the journey to achieving them a happy one.
● Join the Stay Active Challenge and compete to burn the most calories and be the most active!
BRAND NEW CHALLENGES FOR 2013 START 11 JANUARY AND 25 JANUARY – SIGN UP NOW!
iGlobalWellness is a leading supplier of the next generation of corporate wellness programmes. Where other programmes may engage only a small group of people, iGlobalWellness' programmes have been specifically designed to get ALL employees involved. They are inclusive, engaging, sustainable and most importantly fun. iGW uses advanced technology, interactive web resources and personalised support to encourage staff to become more active and develop healthier lifestyles.
The Stay Active Challenge is iGlobalWellness' exciting competitive team event that offers people a unique opportunity to work towards a more healthy and active lifestyle. Participants are challenged to increase their daily activity levels as much as possible over the 11 week event. Every activity counts, from simple day to day activities such as cycling to work, walking during a lunch hour or taking the stairs, to sports and fitness activities. Participants wear the iAM, a wireless activity monitor exclusive to iGlobalWellness which measures calorie burn, speed of movement and metabolic information and uploads results to an interactive website.
For press enquiries please call Nilmot PR on + 44 (0) 20 7096 1921 / + 44 (0) 776 805 0096 or email belinda.keller@
Find us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/
Follow us on Twitter as @iGlobalWellness