News By Tag
* Book publishing
* More Industries...
News By Place
New Book Helps Mental Health Professionals Get Published
In a 30-year career, most therapists will treat only a few hundred patients individually, yet they have so much experience and expertise to share. THE THERAPIST WRITER by therapist-author Sylvia Cary, LMFT, helps them get the word out to thousands.
“Getting a book published is the quickest way for a mental health professional (or anyone in any profession) to become known as an expert. I did it. Others have done it. You can do it," says author Sylvia Cary, LMFT, herself a published author and licensed psychotherapist.
What’s in The Therapist Writer…
* What Therapists Need to Know About Publishing
* Why Getting Published is Good for Business
* Start Building Your “Author Platform” Now
* Special Issues for Therapist Writers (Copyright to Confidentiality)
* Legal Issues (Copyrights to Trademarks)
* Nail Your Niche and Find a Book in It
* Who’s Your Audience and Where Do They Hang Out?
* The Basic Publishing Options (and What to Avoid)
* When Self-Publishing is the Best Choice
* How to Become Your Own “Indie” Publisher
* Ebook Mania and How to Cash In
* Marketing Like Mad A-Z for Therapist Writers
According to Marti Olsen Laney, Psy.D. and author of the best-selling The Introvert Advantage who wrote the foreword to THE THERAPIST WRITER, "Finally, a step-by-step guide for therapists to make their book idea into a completed manuscript.”
Sylvia Cary, LMFT, a licensed psychotherapist in the Los Angeles area, is the author of five books and for over a decade has had a “book-doctor”
Available NOW at Amazon.com. Available SOON on Kindle and BarnesandNoble.com. Timberlake Press, P.O. Box 129, Woodland Hills, CA 91365. $17.95, 216 pages, ISBN: 978-09828847-