News By Tag
News By Location
Mafia boss Phil "Chicken Man" Testa and Mr. Rogers in the same book? Only in Keystone Tombstones!
Sunbury Press has released Joe Farrell and Joe Farley's "Keystone Tombstones Volume Two" featuring famous graves found in Pennsylvania.
The authors will be on hand for the opening of Sunbury Press's new office at 50 W Main St. in Mechanicsburg on Friday October 19th from 7 to 9 PM. They will be signing copies of their books as the company also celebrates the release of volume two of this popular series.
Since the release of Volume One, Farrell and Farley have become mainstays on PCN, where segments based on the book have been aired. The two have also appeared on numerous other television and radio stations and have been written about in dozens of newspapers.
Joining the Joes at the opening is horror author Thomas Malafarina whose new novel, Fallen Stones, was also released this week.
Also appearing is author Catherine Jordan, who will be signing copies of her novel Seeking Samiel and Joe Tarone, who will signing copies of his novels The Megabite Murders, Caught Up In It and Some Stones Shine.
About the book:
Joe Farrell and Joe Farley explore the cemeteries (and pubs) of Pennsylvania in search of interesting graves and stories about the interred.
Included in this volume:
● Richie Ashburn “His Whiteness”
● Dick Winters & Joe Toye “Band of Brothers”
● Bonneville “Bert” Bell “Modern Football's Founding Father”
● Butler “The Fighting Quaker”
● Michael Cheslock “The Lattimer Massacre”
● Billy Conn “The Pittsburgh Kid”
● Jim Croce “You Don’t Mess Around With Jim”
● Stephen Foster “The Music Man”
● Robert Morris & James Wilson “Founding Fathers”
● Josh Gibson “The Black Babe Ruth”
● Eddie Plank & Christy Mathewson “Hall of Fame Hurlers”
● Winfield Scott Hancock “Hancock the Superb”
● Milton S. Hershey “The Chocolate King”
● Herman Webster Mudgett aka Dr. Henry H. Holmes “America’s Answer to the Ripper”
● Johnstown Flood Victims “An Act of God?”
● Philip Livingston “A Little Known Founding Father”
● Saints Katharine Drexel & John Neumann “Philadelphia Saints”
● Michael Maggio, Antonio Pollinam, Angelo Bruno, Philip Testa & Salvatore Testa “Philadelphia’
● Fred Rogers “America’s Favorite Neighbor”
● Bessie Smith “The Empress of the Blues”
● Thaddeus Stevens “The Dictator of Congress”
● General John Sutter “After the Gold Rush”
● Charles William Tate “Tuskegee Airman”
● George Taylor “An Indentured Servant Who Became a Founding Father”
● Harry Kendall Thaw “Murder at Madison Square Garden”
● John Wanamaker “A Business Pioneer”
● Medal of Honor Recipients
● Unusual Tombstones
"Where else can you find Phil "Chicken Man" Testa and Mr. Rogers in the same neighborhood..."
Keystone Tombstones Volume Two: Famous Graves Found in Pennsylvania
Authored by Joe Farrell, Authored by Joe Farley
List Price: $19.95
8" x 10" (20.32 x 25.4 cm)
Black & White on White paper
Sunbury Press, Inc.
BISAC: History / United States / State & Local / Middle Atlantic
For more information about the book, please see:
Page Updated Last on: Oct 16, 2012