Author Gregory L Hudson Strikes Back At BET Over Blog About His New Book, "Why I Sued Eddie Murphy"
BET's Blog "Legal Drama: Movies That Were Subject to Lawsuits" included Hudson's copyright infringement/Breach of 'Implied-In-Fact' Contract lawsuit against Eddie Murphy and Universal Studios claimed Hudson wrote his book "to exact his revenge ..."
Hudson's book gives a 'captivating' account of his $100 million dollar copyright infringement lawsuit against Eddie Murphy, Heavy D, Universal Pictures, Brian Grazer, Robert Ramsey, Matthew Stone, and Imagine Films Entertainment over the copyrights to the hit movie, LIFE, starring Eddie Murphy, Martin Lawrence, Heavy D, Bernie Mac.
Hudson's lawsuit claimed that his stage play, "No Harm, No Foul", an outrageous comedy about a black basketball player falsey accused of raping a white woman and is sentence to an illegal slave plantation in Walla Walla Washington.
The book begins in "Chapter 1: Making My Rounds" on the day Hudson hand-delivered his plays and materials to Heavy D (a/k/a Dwight Meyers) at Uptown Records in New York City to when and how he discovered his play had been used --- who was responsible, how he tracked them down, served them with the lawsuit, and ends with "Chapter 16: Marked For Death" and "Chapter 17: Other Independent Artists Cry for Help".
On October 10, 2012, Hudson released a press release, "Why I Sued Eddie Murphy" Book by Author Gregory L Hudson Sparks A 'Price War' On Amazon", http://www.prlog.org/
Hudson, who currently teaches Theatre/Drama at Junior High School 231 in Springfield Gardens, Queens New York, had hoped that this 'price war' would make his book more affordable for his current students and the thousands of his former students around the country, as well as for his family and friends who simply can't afford $20.00 during these difficult economic times.
Also on October 10, 2012 Hudson discovers a Blog by Black Entertainment Television (BET), "Legal Drama: Movies That Were Subject to Lawsuits." The Blog said, "This lawsuit brought on by a screenwriter who claims the Eddie Murphy, Martin Lawrence comedy Life was plagiarized from his material seems fairly typical at the outset, but went off in a strange direction when the writer, Greg Hudson, who lost the suit, decided to exact his revenge by writing a book called Why I Sued Eddie Murphy. Despite his claims that it would be "the novel of the century," the book failed to make a splash." http://www.bet.com/
"Totally baffeled by this BET attack, all I could do was search for reasons. I'm thinking.... BET is supposed to be a 'Black' Entertainment Company so why is it attacking me"? I thought. "After reading the post again, it became quite obvious that the BET Blogger did not read my book because it's 'crystal clear' as for my reasons for writing the book, which was not to 'exact revenge'", I said.
In the "Preface" on page xiii Hudson writes, "I did not write this book to attack, defame, slander, libel,or destroy the careers of comedian Eddie Murphy... or anyone else mentioned in this book." On page xiv, "I wrote this book for the sole purpose of setting the record straight with respect to 'my credibility' and as to "Why I Sued Eddie Murphy." "As for the 'actual sales' of my book, I have no idea ... since the book was just released", he says.
"I'm very troubled by this BET Blog", he says. "Rather than attacking me .... shouldn't this 'BLACK ENTERTAINMENT TELEVISION' Company be investigating:
1) Why the Southern District Court of New York, Judge Gerard E. Lynch 'denied' Hudson the right to 'conduct discovery' in his case? Case #04-CV-6997
2) Why Judge Gerard E. Lynch disregarded law and 'dismissed' Hudson Breach of 'Implied-In-
3) Why Hudson was always ordered to pay 'cost and fees' whenever the appeals court ruled against Hudson, but when the appeals court (with his 6th, 7th, & 8th grade students from Junior High School 109 in Queensvillage, NY watching) ruled in favor of Hudson after defeating lead attorney Richard Dannay and co-counsel Thomas Kjellberg of Cowan Liebowitz & Latman PC (Murphy's & Universal's attorneys) before Judge Sonia Sotomayor, Pooler, and Callebresi on Oral Argument-- The appeals court still denied Hudson his fees?
4) Why Judge Lynch ordered Hudson to pay $40,000 in attorney fees claiming that Hudson did not opposed the fees when the record clearly shows that Hudson did in fact oppose those fees ... furthermore there is ABSOLUTELY NO EVIDENCE ON THE RECORD THAT SHOWS ANY FILINGS TOTALING $40,000?
5) Why the second circuit court of appeals judges, Pierre N. Leval, Robert D. Sack, and Richard C. Wesley had the clerk leave a message on Hudson's home phone a day before Oral Argument telling Hudson "your case is now being heard on 'submission' (a hearing in a back room with these 3 judges) and you don't need to come to the court"? Of course they ruled against Hudson again. Case # 09-0187-cv
6) Why Judge Frederic Block in the Eastern District Court of New York denied Hudson the right to AMEND his complaint? Case#03-cv-1008
7) Why Judge Block disregarded the law and 'dismissed Hudson's $25 million dollar default judgment' claim against Heavy D for not responding to the lawsuit?
8) Why the Eastern District Court claimed his entire case file was lost and the files did not begin to show up until he contacted the FBI?
9) Why there is nothing mentioned in any of the courts: District, Appeals, or US Supreme Courts about the telephone records between Hudson and Cheryl Jenkins (sister of Jimmy Jenkins and co-founder of Uptown Records with Heavy D or ... nothing mentioned about the 65 'side-by-side' photo comparison of "No Harm, No Foul" and "LIFE"?
10) Why the FBI, DOJ, Senate Judiciary Committee, and White House ignored Hudson's requests for intervenion?
Is the Blog really the work of BET or Viacom? "Black Entertainment Television (BET) is a Viacom–owned cable network based in Washington, D.C". San Francisco Cartoonist, Troy Walker sued Viacom and Steven Hillenberg over the cartoon "SpongeBob SquarePants"
Viacom also owns Paramount Pictures. California Video Game Creator, William Crawford sued Midway Games and Paramount for copyright infringement of his video game "Psi Ops" and William was helped by... guess who? Gregory L Hudson! William was respresented by Steven T. Lowe who wrote the article, "Death of Copyright". Case # 2: 2007 cv 00967
The Blog's comment, "Life was plagiarized from his material seems fairly typical at the outset" is funny as Hudson laughs. "The only thing 'typical' in copyright cases in the past 20 years is that 98% of the time the studios win. The truth about copyrght theft is in my book. Maybe now the public can understand why someone would like to see my book and me...thrown under the bus".
You can see Hudson, Walker, Boone and other victims of copyright theft in the up-coming documentary, "Injustice For All: Summary Misjudgment"
Page Updated Last on: Nov 02, 2012