News By Tag
News By Location
How And When Do You Lose Your Qualified Prospects?
The New World of Inbound Marketing provides Cost-Saving potentials to the Insurance Industries for attracting new Qualified Prospects. This Blog provides Guidelines for optimizing these efforts through proper use of Websites and Landing Pages!
Many of the Organizations we speak with are doing almost everything right to attract new clients in this difficult, new, and fast moving Insurance and Benefits Marketplace. Unfortunately, they are not getting their intended results or the ROI They Demand! So - 1. What are they doing Right? What are they Doing Wrong?
2. What Are They Doing Right?
3. Created a refined set of Plans, Programs, and or Services that differentiate their
Organization and meet the Needs and Price Points of their Target Markets!
4. Created a Website to attract Inbound Marketing Traffic!
5. Developed Specific Text and Graphics for Plans, Programs, and Services that
explains what sets them apart from their competitors'.
6. Removed the Clutter on their website!
7. Added Audio, Video, and/or Avatars to explain and promote their Organization!
8. Enhanced Web Page Content that effectively describes their Plans, Programs, and
9. Provided an Organized Site Map to assist the visitor in navigating their website!
10. Utilized Appropriate Key Words to assist the visitor in finding the information they
are seeking through the Search Engines!
11. Created an XTML Site Map to attract Search Engines!
12. Submitted Their Website to the Search Engines - ie. Google, Bing, Yahoo, MOO,
MSN, Clusty, and more.
13. Started a Blog and regularly posted articles related to their industry niche to add
value and build trust!
14. Properly Distributed Their Blogs using Services, ie. OnTopList, PR Web, PRLog,
Squido, Reddit, Tumbler, Business Media Groups (See No. 14 Below)!
15. Joined and Participated in Social Media Groups - ie. Linkedin, Twitter, Facebook,
Pinterest, HR.com, etc!
16. Joined Business Media Groups - ie. Linkedin, Agents of America (AOA), Producers
Web, Insurance Campus, NOLHA, SIMA, Global Risk Community, etc!
17. Created and Optimized Company Pages on Google +, Twitter, Linkedin, etc.
18. Created and Contributed to the Business Media Groups (No. 14 Above)!
19. Utilized SEO Techniques to attract Search Engines - ie. Key Words, Long Tail
Words, Mega Tags, Analytics, and more!
20. Adapted Mobile Technology for reaching out to their existing and potential Clients!
21. Utilized Valuable Inbound Marketing Services - ie. HubSpot, BenefitPlace,
BPTradeShow.com, Constant Contact, Pixability, Wordtracker, etc!
22. And More!
What Are They Doing Wrong?
Why are visitors to their Websites, Blogs, Discussions, Comments, etc. not Becoming / Converting into Buyers?
What they are doing Wrong? In the vast majority of the cases the Answer and Solution is Simple, Inexpensive and Capable of providing amazing results. What is the Answer and the Solution?
Utilize Focused Landing Pages instead of Traditional Home (Index) Pages!
Traditional Home (Index) Pages - As websites were originally being developed, they were the 1st page that a visitor viewed when arriving at the Website. The Home Pages were often packed with extraneous information unrelated to the Company or its Plans, Programs, and/or Services. The Plug-Ins/Gadgets included: Weather Conditions, Stock Market Quotes, News Updates, Historic Quotes, Polls, Jokes, Ad Words, etc. The Problem - the visitor to the website arrived having used the Internet and a Search Engine using Key Words to research a specific Insurance and Benefits related Topic, Plan, Program, and/or Services. They were delivered to the Home (Index) Page. The Home (Index) Page did not provide the visitor what they were looking for - Answers and a Call-To-Action (CTA) informing them What To Do Next!
Let me give you a more traditional Outbound Marketing analogy. If you had spent the money to advertise your Company's Plans, Programs, and or Services, received a response from the Ad, spoke with the prospect, qualified the prospect, explained the opportunities, and received a positive reaction, would you intentionally forget to do one or all of the following: Trial Close; Get Their Contact Information;
HubSpot - A Leader in Inbound Marketing and Supportive Software tells us:
"Landing pages are the heart and soul of an inbound marketer's lead generation efforts, so why are they still so underutilized?
The Solution - Build Focused Landing Pages Specific To Plans, Programs and/or Services - As websites have developed they now focus on why the visitor arrived at the website and in addressing their specific need(s). Landing Pages provide the visitor the information they need:
> How To Make a Decision!
> What To Do Next
> How To Take Action - A Call-To-Action (CTA)
> How To Ask Questions - A Form and Contact Information!
While the above are basic elements for a Landing Page, the following are "Tips" for creating a Landing Page that converts interested Visitors and Qualified Prospects into potential Buyers of Plans, Programs and/or Services - Delivered to Your Producers to Contact and Close.
1. Create a Relevant Headline - Specific to why the visitor arrived to the web page.
2. Provide a Descriptive Sub-Headline - Expand on the value of the Plan, Program and/or Service.
3. Target Your Market - Know your Demographics.
4. Use Appropriate Key Words - These will attract the Visitor and the Search Engines.
5. Add a Simple and Appropriate Image or Logo - This provides Branding Identity.
6. Have a Call-To-Action (CTA) and a Button for Connecting to you. ie. "Get Started", "Act Now", "Save Now" with a Button.
7. Repeat the CTA at the Bottom of the Landing Page - Top CTA on Right Side / Bottom CTA on Left Side.
8. Provide a Lead Capture/Conversion Form - This captures the visitor's critical contact information. Limit the Requests, ie. Name, Company, Email, Phone Number, Cell (Mobile Phone, Text Box.
9. Create an Auto-Response Thank-You Page from the Conversion Form - This can act as a secondary Landing Page.
10. Provide Specific Direct Contact Information - Your Name, Direct Phone Number, Cell (Mobile) Number, Email Address, QR Code to a Secondary Landing Page.
11. Create a Sense of Urgency or Scarcity - Limited Time Offers, Limited Amounts, etc.
12. Keep It Simple (KIS) - If they have questions, have them contact your directly.
13. Provide Plenty of "White Space" - This unclutters the page and provides focus to the important elements.
14. Use Compelling Colors - According to nicelandingpage.com:
15. Create Organized Eye Flow - The Eye tends to go across the top and then down and to the left.
16. Reduce Their Risk of Moving Forward - If possible offer: Guarantees, Free Trials, etc.
17. Keep Primary Components Above the Fold - The components should be totally visible to the Visitor.
18. The more Landing Pages the Better - You should have a Landing Page for each Plan, Program, and Service.
Now is the time to get started with making your shift to Inbound Marketing more effective! Your Job Is To Efficiently Meet Prospects Needs!
For more information: