News By Tag
News By Place
The Buffalo News Tablet Apps for iPad and Kindle Fire, and Smartphone Apps Powered by Whiz
Apps leverage MobileNewsPack (TM) and customized mobile solutions from Whiz
By: Whiz Technologies
“As a part of our digital strategy, we are unveiling iPad and Kindle Fire apps and new iPhone and Android smartphone apps. After evaluating available mobile app solutions for technology maturity, quality of user experience and ease of customization, we selected Whiz Technologies as our vendor”, said Michael MaLoon, Digital Director at The Buffalo News. “I am very pleased with our working relationship with Whiz -- smart, efficient, solid technology, technical expertise, professionalism and on-time delivery. Best vendor relationship I have ever had on the digital side of newspapers.”
“We are pleased to be the vendor of choice and a part of the team delivering The Buffalo News mobile apps. These pay-wall-enabled mobile apps deliver a robust and engaging user experience leveraging state-of-the-
Key features included in the MobileNewsPack(
1. User interface (UI), designed for reading news on-the-go, can be customized to publisher’s UI specifications;
2. Support for multiple content types -- breaking news, trending news, news categories, photo galleries, video clips, classifieds, obituaries, events and horoscopes;
3. Mobile advertisement formats –- banner ads, interstitial ads and video pre-roll ads;
4. Multiple Paid Content models supported -- digital subscription, all-access and in-app purchases;
5. Mobile Analytics;
6. Mobile dash board to configure and control app behavior and appearance; no need to resubmit app for app store acceptance;
7. Future proof solution for publisher – continuous innovation with new UI templates and additional mobile platforms.
At the heart of MobileNewsPack(
Whiz Technologies introduced MobileNewsPack(
For additional information on Whiz and MobileNewsPack(
About Whiz Technologies
Based in San Jose, California, USA, Whiz Technologies is a leading provider of custom mobile apps, with a focus on delivering quality solutions on popular mobile platforms including Smartphones, tablets and other mobile devices.
Whiz Technologies, Inc.
2051 Junction Avenue, Suite 218, San Jose, CA 95131, USA