Canada & China Sign Investment Treaty Provide Protection to Investors against Arbitrary Govt Actions
The Governments of Canada and People Republic of China signed a bilateral investment treaty, the Canada-China Foreign Investment Promotion and Protection Agreement (Canada-China FIPA) on September 8, 2012.
The Canada-China FIPA may include the following provisions:
• A transparent process for issuing decisions or making laws that can affect investments and investors;
• Facility for easy transfer of funds generated from investments;
• Compensation against expropriation of investments;
• In line with the international regulations, investments will be accorded with a minimum global standard of treatment; and
• Provision of non-discrimination rights to benefit investors; whereby they do not suffer from notable disadvantages in comparison to the counter party/ foreign country investors.
For more information on this topic email firstname.lastname@example.org
Get the latest press releases and updates on international tax, HR, Finance, compliance and other legal news at Nair & Co. Industry Alerts.