News By Tag
News By Location
School Inspections in Scotland Conference
This conf. examines the new insp. framework and what ‘excellent’ looks like. This updated structure dictates how schools are measured and evaluated, placing an emphasis on the Curriculum for Excellence implementation and evidencing improvement.
With the focus firmly placed on schools possessing the capacity to self-evaluate and drive their own improvement, demonstrating this ability is central to inspection success and raising the attainment of pupils. Current topics addressed at this critical event include:
- Establishing high quality leadership and management to deliver improvement
- Creating a flexible curriculum that will have the optimum impact on learners’ needs
- Benefiting from partnership working between local authorities, parents and stakeholders
- Using self-evaluation as a dynamic, robust and resourceful tool to improve standards and achievement
- Evidencing the progression of pupil performance and narrowing the attainment gap
Attend to learn key lessons from schools already inspected under the new framework and how they successfully met the criteria of the quality indicators. Take away detailed guidance and advice on how to showcase your school’s strengths and improvements to ensure success for your next inspection.