News By Tag
* Career Development
* Business Books
* Richard Maun
* Business Bookshop
* Marshall Cavendish
* More Tags...
* career development
* More Industries...
News By Place
Make Your Career Bounce Back - www.business-bookshop.co.uk
How to survive redundancy in the recession? Keep bouncing back.
By: Marshall Cavendish
The days of the traditional career where we worked for one organisation for years are gone. Today we're expected to move between 9-to-5 jobs, consultancy work and self employment - and perhaps do several at the same time as part of a 'portfolio career'. For the majority of us, that means at least one spell of unemployment as we create our next opportunity.
To survive in this brave new world we need to develop new talents and be able to spot and create career opportunities for ourselves - rather than waiting for them to fall in our laps.
Once you've taken a week (or two) to shout, cry and bemoan your luck, it's time to take a fresh look at who you are and what you have to offer the world.
So how can you get back in the game? here are a few tips from my new book, Bouncing Back: how to get going again after a career setback.
• Remember that nothing stays the same - all storms pass.
• Ask for support and advice. Social networking sites are a grew way to make contacts.
• Take a fresh look and think creatively about your skills, talents and passions.
• Write and action plan. Set two year goal and short term ones to help you get there.
• Supercharge your positivity with affirmations, such as: "I can make new choices."
In my experience, people who have experienced a set back can get locked in inactivity, too scare to move forward but every journey (and bounce back) starts with a small step. Make yours today and you'll be on the way to finding your next amazing opportunity.
Available now at http://www.business-
Page Updated Last on: Sep 25, 2012