Free Movies in October at the Kean Theatre
Kean Theatre Announces its Line-up of Free Movies for October
• Oct. 2 – “For Greater Glory” (R) – A true story of the Cristeros War in the early 1900s when the people of Mexico rose up against the government. Runs 2 hours and 25 minutes.
• Oct. 9 – “Snow White and the Huntsman” (PG-13) – Another fantastical take on the classic tale stars Kristen Stewart and Charlize Theron. Runs 2 hours and 7 minutes.
• Oct. 16 – “The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel” (PG-13) – British retirees travel to India and take up residence in what they believe is a restored hotel. Judi Dench and Maggie Smith star in this delightful comedy. Runs 2 hours and 4 minutes.
• Oct. 23 – “The Raven” (R) – Get into the Halloween spirit with this terrifying retelling of the Edgar Allen Poe classic. Runs 1 hour and 50 minutes.
• Oct. 30 – “A Cabin in the Woods” (R) – A terrifying tale of five friends that take a break to a remote cabin in the woods where they get more than they bargained for. Runs 1 hour and 35 minutes.
• Oct. 3 – “Girl in Progress” (PG-13) – A single mom juggles work, bills and an affair with a married man while her daughter plans for adulthood. Comedy. Runs 1 hour and 33 minutes.
• Oct. 10 – “What to Expect when You’re Expecting” (PG-13) – Five couples find out that no matter how hard you plan, life doesn’t always deliver what you expected. Cameron Diaz stars. Runs 1 hour and 50 minutes.
• Oct. 17 – “The Avengers” (PG-13) – The super hero movie that shattered all records. Iron Man, Captain America, Hulk, Thor, Hawkeye and Black Widow take to the big screen. Runs 2 hours and 23 minutes.
• Oct. 24 – “To Rome with Love” (R) – Woody Allen looks at the lives and loves of Rome. Penelope Cruz heads an international cast in this light comedy. Runs 1 hour and 52 minutes.
• Oct. 31 – “Dark Shadows” (PG-13) – Tim Burton takes on the 1960s vampire soap opera. Johnny Depp is hysterical as the clumsy vampire and Michelle Pfeiffer adds charm. Runs 1 hour and 53 minutes.
The Kean Theatre is open to the public and has built a reputation for its convenient location, free parking, quality entertainment and elegant setting. The theatre is operated by St. Barnabas Charities, the fund-raising arm of St. Barnabas Health System. St. Barnabas Health System includes St. Barnabas Nursing Home, Valencia Woods at St. Barnabas, The Arbors at St. Barnabas, The Village at St. Barnabas, The Woodlands at St. Barnabas, The Washington Place at St. Barnabas, White Tail Ridge, St. Barnabas Medical Center and Rudolph Auto Repair.