Sept. 21, 2012
-- After the initial joy of having a new baby, real life kicks in along with the hormones. The recommended daily intake of nutrients can increase by up to 188% when breastfeeding and as new mums run around caring for their newly-extended family, they often forget that they need some care too. The following advice for new mums is from leading vitamin and nutriton brand http://www.nutrilite.com
1. Folic acid is an essential element of a mother’s diet as it not only helps to develop the foetus during early pregnancy but also the child’s nervous system whilst breastfeeding. The Recommended Daily Allowance of folic acid for breastfeeding women is 500 mcg and it is naturally present in leafy vegetables, citrus fruits, beans (legumes), and whole grains. Alternatively if you find it difficult to include these foods in your diet, the Nutrilite Iron Folic Plus* tablet contains 75% of this allowance in one tablet
2. Exercising after the birth is important for both your physical and mental health, it is recommended that you start gentle exercise eg walking, swimming whenever you feel ready but that you do not start high impact exercise until at least three months after giving birth
3. The regulations for caesarean operations have recently been revised and mothers can now request the operation even if there is no medical need. If you have had a C-section, your post-operation diet should include plenty of vitamins C and E which can help to reduce the scarring, for example Nutrilite Lecithin E
4. Vitamin D is transferred to your child through breastfeeding so ensure that you increase your intake to help your baby grow healthy bones and teeth. Additionally, there are certain foods that are advised against when breastfeeding as the baby may react negatively to them, such as spicy curries, caffeine or high levels of alcohol.
5. With so much focus on the new-born, mothers don’t often find time to feed themselves properly. Ensure that you have three healthy, balanced meals a day, especially if you are breast feeding. If you don’t have enough time, cook the meals in advance or supplement your diet sensibly, for example the Nutrilite Positrim Protein bars* are a great way to boost your energy, increase your protein intake and fill you up
For more information on how you and your family can stay healthy, visit the Nutrilite Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/nutrilitefamilyhealthnaturally
or follow @Nutrilitefamily.