News By Tag
News By Location
Smart Specialisation Strategies: the new Ex-Ante Conditionality of the 2014-2020 Programming Period
As Cohesion Policy 2014–2020 strongly focuses on research and innovation as a driving force for keeping EU competitive, Smart Specialisation has been chosen as ex-ante conditionality and has a central function within the new programming period.
Attendees will receive first-hand knowledge on how to
• identify innovation potential of your region in the most effective way;
• set up and implement a Research and Innovation Strategy for Smart Specialisation (RIS3) in practice;
• design a sustainable Regional Innovation Strategy that makes their research institutions and business environment more competitive and open for maximum absorption of different funds and benefits.
• Armin Mahr, Head of Co-ordination EU Cohesion Policy Unit, Federal Ministry of Science and Research, Austria
• Dr dimitri Corpakis, Head of Unit, Regional Dimension of Innovation, DG Research and Innovation, European Commission
• Dr Christian Hartmann, Head of Technology, Foresight and Planning Research Group, Joanneum Research, Austria
• Adrian Zelaia, Executive President, EKAI Center for Innovating Public Policy, Spain
• Daniel Hodges, Economic Advisor for Innovation, Department for Business, Innovation and Skills, United Kingdom
• Raune Hermans, Head of Unit, Strategic Intelligence Unit, Funding Agency for Technology and Innovation, Finland
Senior and mid-senior staff members responsible for setting up a Research and Innovation Strategy for Smart Specialisation (RIS3) from all central, regional and local public authorities;
For further informations visit: