World premiere: VISION reveals the new locator Keruve 2013
Vision localization systems, the innovator and world leader in specialized locators for people with Alzheimer's disease, introduces during the World Alzheimer's Day, as a world premiere, the Keruve locator 2013.
It is estimated that more than 35 million people world-wide suffer from Alzheimer's disease or other types of dementia. Every person with Alzheimer's disease will suffer from episodes of wandering, and when they're lost in the street; if they are not found in less than 24h have only a 50% chance of surviving. Facing this problem, the only solution that their families had was to close the door and not let them leave to walk on their own.
Recent studies prove that you can slow down the progression of Alzheimer's disease, if the elder practices physical exercise, relates with other people and avoids stress. Thanks to the use of Keruve, the person with Alzheimer's can continue to go on walks on a daily basis, maintain their social relationships and reduce stress levels in the home.
The direct locator Keruve 2013 consists of a discrete GPS Watch with safety lock that the person with dementia wears, and a user friendly portable receiver for the family. The caregiver simply has to press the "locate" button on the receiver, and they will see on the screen a map with the exact position of the person who wears the watch. It locates without distance limits, has four positioning systems (SBAS-GPS, V-indoor, V-Cellid, T-GSM), and sends an alarm to the family in case it leaves the security zone fixed or detects low battery.
Keruve 2013 has the following improvements over its predecessor:
Improvements in design:
In addition to the 8 watch format designs available (http://www.keruve.com/
• A new design belt format.
• A new design rigid anti-cut bracelet format.
Improvements in reliability and safety:
• New radiuses in the security system that allow the mounting of radiuses of 200m and 500m. The standard areas of the Keruve security system let you attach radiuses from 1km without increasing the consumption of the watch battery.
• New "bad weather" mode, to increase the speed of localization during winter or in Nordic countries.
Improvements in ease of use:
• New Portable receiver with a bigger screen and easy to read.
• New User Interface with context sensitive help to make it more intuitive to use.
• New "big letters" mode, designed for caregivers with eye sight difficulties.
• New Web App that allows other members of the family to locate the person with dementia from an iPhone, Android, Windows Phone or any mobile phone (displayed in text mode).
Abilio Caetano Pereira, director of Vision Localization Systems: "Keruve 2013 is the fourth generation of the product and the result of more than 7 years of R&D, incorporating the suggestions of more than 2,500 customers from around the world", and adds "This new release is a sample of our commitment to the collective of Alzheimer's disease”.
Keruve 2013 will be available for sale world-wide at the beginning of October. You can now make reservations through the web http://www.keruve.com/
About VISION Localization Systems
VISION localization systems are the innovator and world leader in specialized locators for people with Alzheimer's disease. The company designs, develops and commercializes miniaturized locators for people with high risk of disappearance with the goal of improving the quality of life of these people and their families. Keruve is used by thousands of customers in more than 20 countries, with the collaboration of their families, residential homes, Alzheimer's associations and health organizations for their continuous improvement.
For more information, please visit http://www.keruve.com/
If you need further information or images in high resolution, please contact us:
(+1) 917 310 0973 / (+44) 20 8638 0638