The Power of Pinterest: 5 Keys Savvy Businesses Use to Drive Traffic and Sales - Report By Plushbeds
As Pinterest has become recognized as the fastest internet-based company to hit ten million monthly unique visitors and third largest social network in existence, businesses like Etsy and Plushbeds.com see the value and power of social photo sharing.
5 Keys for Unlocking the Secret Potential of Pinterest
1. It was learned rather quickly not to self-promote too much. A fine balance between self-promotion and offerings of beautiful ideas and presentations outside of the business framework was found, with the majority of the content leaning towards citing the quality works of others.
2. Taking the time to follow and socially engage with others of like interest (both individuals as well as other business owners) are the most important assets of the business owner interacting on Pinterest. Be unafraid to follow others, as long as their pins are in good taste. Provide genuine and sincere comments on their boards, and recommend boards and specific pins to other interested parties. Compliment liberally. Re-pin.
3. Calibrate your Pinterest profile with other online profiles (Facebook, Twitter) so that followers can reference your presence in other venues, and become interested in your company in their own way and at their own speed.
4. The pinning of pictorials of products, ideas, or designs not in the same vertical as your company, but which resonate with your own offerings can solidify the usefulness of what you are displaying in connection with your business. There is simply no need to be overtly “salesy”.
5. Continuity and specificity – have a specific and dedicated Pinterest manager (aside from the management of any other social network), who studies the trends occurring on Pinterest, and continually pins, re-pins others’ work, comments on other users’ collections, and whose sole purpose is to learn how to leverage the power of Pinterest on a daily basis.
Headquartered in Lewes, DE, Plushbeds is a leading manufacturer and online retailer of natural latex mattresses and other specialty sleep products. Backed by over 39 years of manufacturing experience, Plushbeds is unique in the latex mattress industry in that their mattresses are made-to-order, allowing customers to specify the firmness of a particular mattress. To learn more, call toll free 1-888-449-5738, or become familiarized with their popular sleep blog and Facebook presence.