LGA to Host Fourth Annual 24-Hour Goodstock™
For the fourth year in a row, Luquire George Andrews (LGA) will hold Goodstock™, the agency’s 24-hour pro-bono advertising, public relations and marketing marathon, Nov. 8-9. Local nonprofits can apply for free services by Sept. 28.
“Since our first Goodstock event in 2009, it has been truly rewarding to see how 20 local nonprofits have improved marketing what they do to potential donors, volunteers and the people who need their services most,” said Judi Wax, LGA executive vice president / director of public relations, who oversees the event. “It is one of the most unforgettable experiences of the year for our team and the nonprofits we serve in Mecklenburg County.”
The organizations chosen will receive some of the marketing pieces they need most, such as a direct mail piece, press kit, radio script, new logo, social media strategy, Facebook page and more – all overnight and all for free.
“Because of our spending priorities, we could never have come up with the caliber of work LGA provided,” said Amanda Hogan of Easter Seals UCP, one of the five organizations selected in 2011. “We know these materials will help us tell our story and draw people to our cause. It’s a great first step in helping us reinvigorate our longtime supporters and also attract a new generation to carry on the legacy.”
During Goodstock, recipients will have access to LGA’s advertising, public relations, digital and marketing experts, and their proposals will be evaluated on the following:
• The services they provide in Mecklenburg County
• Their need for and inability to fund marketing, advertising, digital and PR initiatives because of budget cuts, reductions in donations or a measurable increase in demand for their organization’
• Submission of their application by email to email@example.com by 5 p.m. Friday, Sept. 28
• Their status as a 501(c)(3)
• Their availability to meet with LGA at its offices during the 24-hour period
Last year, LGA was one of two agencies that held Goodstock events, along with KW2, a strategic communications agency in Madison, Wis., that created the original Goodstock in 2004.
For more information, visit http://www.lgaadv.com/