NFL Star Adrian Peterson Scores Two Touchdowns on His Re-launch of “Football For Good”
NFL Star Adrian Peterson Scores Two Touchdowns on His Re-launch of “Football For Good” to Raise Funds for Girls, Women and At-Risk Kids --- Adrian Peterson to Donate $5K per touchdown for 2012/13 Season.
Peterson kicked off his personal commitment to donate $5,000 for every touchdown he scores this season starting with the two touchdowns he scored in the Minnesota Vikings victory against the Jacksonville Jaguars on Sunday. He is encouraging fans to join him by downloading his Giving Assistant browser app, a fundraising platform that empowers fans to effortlessly support the cause by shopping online like they normally do.
Last year Peterson made 13 touchdowns and donated a total of $105,000 through his commitment to Football For Good plus additional donations to programs:
• to support children with cancer at MD Anderson in TX;
• to protect survivors of domestic violence at Cornerstone in MN;
• to advocate for the safety of girls and women nationwide with Stop Human Trafficking in NY;
• to fight hunger with Feed The Children in OK;
• to support girls’ leadership with the Girls Scouts in TX; and
• to support girls’ sportsmanship and leadership with the United World Games champion AD Elite basketball team in TX.
“I am blessed to have been given an opportunity to give back and inspire my fans to give back with me,” said Peterson. “I’m proud of all of my fans who have raised over $30,000 from my Giving Assistant so far this year. By the end of this year we’ll give away every dollar to the best programs that are making a real positive impact on the lives of girls, women and at-risk kids.”
Join the Cause and Win Prizes By:
• Downloading Adrian’s Giving Assistant browser app at www.footballforgood.org. It takes 10 seconds and works with Chrome, Safari, Firefox and IE.
• Shop at our partner retailers like Amazon, BestBuy, Gap, Expedia and hundreds more. Every time you shop with a participating partner, a percentage of your purchase will support Football For Good.
• Recruit your friends to join!
It’s free, safe and easy. Download the app, recruit friends and shop with the Giving Assistant to be eligible to win prizes that include Adrian Peterson signed footballs and jerseys, tickets to a Minnesota Vikings game, a meet and greet with Adrian, and more. For details about prizes and deadlines, go to www.footballforgood.org and stay tuned throughout the season for new prizes to be announced.
About All Day Foundation:
The All Day Foundation raises awareness and funds for programs that inspire hope and build a better future for at-risk children. The Foundation promotes the well-being of at-risk kids by partnering with nonprofits and developing new programs in four primary areas: Sportsmanship & Leadership; Youth Education & Enrichment; Hunger; and OU Student Initiatives. Adrian Peterson believes it is our opportunity and responsibility to help children at-risk all day and every day. For more information, see: www.alldayfoundation.org