LSI High-Availability Direct-Attached Storage Solutions Chosen by Intel
HA-DAS brings shared storage and application failover to DAS environments at a fraction of the cost and complexity of existing high-availability solutions.
“Data growth and consumption have fueled the need for high-availability server systems where shared storage and uptime are especially critical,” said David Brown, director of marketing, Intel Enterprise Platforms and Services Division. “Intel RAID HA-DAS solutions powered by LSI technology will provide those benefits found in traditional high-availability systems, while at the same time being easier to manage and more cost-effective.”
Highly available computing systems are designed to ensure that applications and data are continuously available even in the case of component failure. Traditional high-availability (HA) solutions combine servers into clusters and share storage across a storage area network (SAN) to ensure continuous application availability and eliminate single points of failure. LSI pioneering HA-DAS solutions lower the cost and complexity of HA solutions by providing:
• Fully redundant, shared-node storage
• Application failover to guarantee uptime and availability
• Simple, easy-to-manage storage without complex storage networking hardware
“LSI HA-DAS solutions are an exciting new option for system architects and IT managers that deliver shared storage application failover with the cost-effectiveness of DAS,” said Kelly Bryant, vice president of marketing, RAID Storage Division, LSI. “LSI is excited to collaborate with Intel as they have taken a leading position in offering these new solutions to the marketplace.”
LSI is showcasing the benefits of its HA-DAS solutions as well as several other products this week at the Intel Developer Forum in San Francisco, including:
• HA-DAS in failover prevention environment (Booth #714)
• 12Gb/s SAS I/O performance with Intel SSDs (Booth #813)
• LSI SandForce® Flash Storage Processors (FSPs) in mobile computing technology demonstrations, including Ultrabooks currently shipping with LSI SandForce Driven™ SSDs and a Windows To Go-compatible USB 3.0 flash drive powered by LSI SandForce FSPs (Booth #718)
• LSI will also participate in the NVM Express Showcase displaying its PCIe flash-based LSI Nytro™ application acceleration products with forthcoming NVM Express support (Booth #438).
For additional information about HA-DAS, visit www.ha-das.com to download a technology briefing paper and view educational videos that demonstrate the technology and cover application benefits for IT professionals.
LSI HA-DAS solutions are expected to be generally available in the fourth quarter of 2012. Visit www.lsi.com/
Connect with LSI on Facebook, Twitter and YouTube.
LSI Corporation designs semiconductors and software that accelerate storage and networking in datacenters, mobile networks and client computing. Our technology is the intelligence critical to enhanced application performance, and is applied in solutions created in collaboration with our partners. More information is available at www.lsi.com.
LSI, the LSI & Design logo, the Storage.Networking.Accelerated. Tagline, SandForce, SandForce Driven and Nytro are trademarks or registered trademarks of LSI Corporation.
All other brand or product names may be trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective companies.
For more information, contact:
Marketing Communications Manager EMEA
+44 (0) 1344 413204
+44 (0) 1252 717040