Go Hog Wild at Montrio Bistro With Chef Tony Baker's Flavorful Pork Inspired Menu Items
Just Announced! Montrio Bistro in Monterey Chef, Tony Baker is going Hog Wild and celebrating National Pork Month!
October is National Pork Month. Go Hog Wild at Montrio Bistro With Chef Tony Baker’s Flavorful Pork Inspired Menu Items
MONTEREY, CA -- Pork may bill itself as the “other white meat,” but it’s actually the most widely eaten meat in the world –almost twice as much as chicken, according to the USDA. October is National Pork Month and recognizes that centuries-old industry full of delicious tradition.
At Montrio Bistro Chef, Tony Baker invites you to go Hog Wild! For more than 17 years, Montrio Bistro located at 414 Calle Principal in Monterey has celebrated the heritage and craftsmanship of the local purveyor. From seed to fork, Montrio’s ingredients have always changed with the season -- as nature intended. Montrio and Chef Baker are proud to continue that focus with even more emphasis on the delicious and seasonal ingredients that come from our local farmers, ranchers and fishermen.
Try these three pork inspired menu items and celebrate National Pork Month this October!
• Wood-grilled Natural Pork Chop, Blenheim apricots, Swiss chard and baked polenta with bourbon glaze and maple butter.
• Baker's Back Bacon Bruschetta with pickled apples, wild arugula and local honey
• Double smoked, bacon-wrapped white shrimp with rosemary and pickled vegetables
Here are some facts about pork:
• A recent study published in the journal “Obesity” revealed that including protein from lean sources of pork in your diet could help retain more lean body mass (including muscle) while losing weight. In fact, the tenderloin is the leanest cut of pork with only 2.98 grams of fat per 3-ounce serving, making it as lean as a skinless chicken breast.
• While low in fat, pork also contains important nutrients such as Thiamin, B-vitamins, phosphorus and zinc.
• Lean pork, such as chops and ham, is recognized as a nutritious choice in the Meat & Beans Group on the USDA’s MyPyramid.
• Many pork cuts are great sources of high-quality protein. Protein provides a feeling of fullness at meals and can help make you feel satisfied without overindulging at the dinner table
• Pork’s perfect for low-carb diets. To keep fat and saturated fat intake down, experts recommend choosing lean sources of protein, such as lean pork.
Background on Montrio Bistro:
Montrio is dedicated to using more local ingredients, showcasing the talents of our local purveyors to produce even more amazing food! Awaken your senses and feel good about what you eat. For more information on Montrio or to sign up for our mailing list today call (831) 648-8880. Montrio is open daily from 4:30 p.m. –10:00 p.m. and Friday and Saturday until 11:00 p.m. For more information, go tohttp://www.montrio.com/
414 Calle Principal
Monterey, CA 93940