News By Tag
News By Place
Global Business Leader among 2012 Arkansas Black Hall of Fame Inductees
Throughout its history the Arkansas Black Hall of Fame Foundation has sought to correct the omissions of history and to remind the world that Black history is a signification part of American history
2012 inductees include:
• Mr. Jerry T. Hodges - Legendary Member of the Famed Tuskegee Airmen
• Mr. Charles E. Phillips, Jr. - CEO of Infor Global Solutions
• Mr. Pearlie S. Reed - Assistant Secretary of Agriculture (retired)
• Lt. Col. Yolonda R. Summons - Deputy Chief of Staff, Pentagon
• Sister Rosetta Tharpe - Iconic Music Pioneer, "Godmother of Gospel and Rock Music" (Posthumous)
• Mr. Lenny Williams - Renowned R&B Recording Artist, Singer and Song-writer
The 20th annual induction ceremony, which is the foundation’s major fundraiser, is Saturday, October 20, 2012 at 7:30 p.m. at the Statehouse Convention Center’s Wally Allen Ballroom. Monies raised benefit organizations throughout Arkansas that serve the Black community in the areas of youth development, health and wellness, education and business/economic development. Since 2004, the Arkansas Black Hall of Fame Foundation has awarded more than $316,000 to organizations serving African Americans and other underserved populations in Arkansas. This year, 18 nonprofit organizations received a total of $50,000 in grants.
“We are proud to continue the tradition of recognizing outstanding native Arkansans as giants in their various fields of work,” Charles Stewart, Chairman of the Arkansas Black Hall of Fame Foundation said.
“I congratulate all of the 2012 honorees who have each made an indelible mark on the history of our state, nation and the world. We honor their commitment to excellence, their hard work, and tenacity.”
Tickets to the induction ceremony can be purchased at www.arblackhalloffame.org and by calling 501.218.8211.
For more information about the Arkansas Black Hall of Fame and the 2012 induction ceremony, contact Charles Stewart at 501.425.5998 or c.stewart.01@