Free Atlanta PCOS Seminar - September 27 from 7:00 - 8:30 p.m.
September is PCOS awareness month. Weight gain, acne, mood swings, irregular or absent periods, repeat miscarriages, infertility, high blood pressure and hair growth on the face and body are all symptoms of PCOS.
In honor of PCOS awareness month, GRS is hosting this free information session to learn more about the latest options to diagnose and treat the condition. Medical Director, Dr. Mark Perloe, will host a formal presentation followed by a question and answer session. Registered Dietitian, Rachel Brandeis, will also present the latest science based nutrition information and how it affects the PCOS patient. PCOS management relies on optimizing diet, exercise and the use of an insulin sensitizer.
Issues covered will also include:
• How do I know if I have PCOS?
• How can I reduce the health risks associated with PCOS?
• Should I take metformin or pioglitazone to address my PCOS symptoms?
• What is the best diet to lose weight and manage PCOS?
• Can nutritional supplements help?
• What sort of exercise works best to manage PCOS?
• Can PCOS be cured?
Know the Facts:
• Left untreated PCOS may increase your risk for heart disease, diabetes, stroke and uterine cancer.
• Diet, exercise and inexpensive medication can restore normal menstrual cycles in up to 85% of women.
• Hysterectomy does not cure PCOS or risk of many of the complications due to PCOS.
• If a relative has Type II diabetes, abnormal cholesterol, is overweight, or has PCOS, your risk is increased.
• If you have had gestational diabetes in a prior pregnancy, your risk of PCOS is increased.
• While hormonal contraception or progesterone can reduce abnormal menstrual bleeding, the underlying metabolic disorder [hormonal imbalance] associated with PCOS is not fixed/addressed/
• PCOS adversely affects health whether you’re a teen, you’re in your reproductive years or even as you approach menopause.
GRS, which has offices in Decatur, Atlanta, Alpharetta and Stockbridge, makes treatment accessible for residents throughout the greater Atlanta area.
5445 Meridian Mark Road
Atlanta, GA 30342
Attendance is free, but limited, so please sign up. For seminar reservations or more information, call GRS at
404-843-2229 ext. 150 or email firstname.lastname@example.org