Are Asian Utilities Ready for Smart Grid?
Malaysia taking the lead in Smart Grid investments and developments
“Malaysia is starting to take the lead in Smart Grid investments and developments,”
Dato Azman Mohd, the newly instated CEO and President of Malaysia’s largest utility provider Tenaga Nasional Berhad (TNB), Malaysia, the host utility for this year’s event, will deliver his first keynote address at this year’s event. “As one of the region’s pre-eminent utility events, we are proud to welcome Dato Azman Mohd, who’ll be speaking on the subject of ‘Key developments in transmission and distribution within Malaysia” Magee continues.
“The Asian market is huge and it’s time countries learn from each other’s experiences as well as embrace the investment potential that comes with it.”
Highlights in the Programme Include:
• How New Zealand's Northpower achieved higher ROI on improved asset management
• TNB's transition planning towards smart grids
• Thailand's policies, vision and early stage developments for their $13bn grid optimisation investment
• How Tata Power Delhi Distribution have used strategic planning as a key component of their smart technologies
• Long-term power system augmentation planning with RE integration at EGAT
• Efforts from Osaka Gas to achieve a next-generation energy system through the implementation of a 'Smart Energy Network'
Plus hands-on utility Case Studies from:
Nodia Power (India), National Power Transmission Corporation (Vietnam), Sarawak Energy (Malaysia), Oncor Electric (USA), Abu Dhabi Distribution (UAE), Meralco (Philippines)
Areas Covered Include:
Asset Reliability, Network Automation, Roadmap Development, SCADA, Security, Communications, Integrating Renewables, and Cutting Edge technologies.
Transmission & Distribution / Smart Grids Asia 2012 is Asia's most dedicated T&D/Smart Grids event, featuring 30+ speakers covering the latest industry developments and new technologies, as well as providing unrivalled networking opportunities with 250+ industry stakeholders.
Featuring a comprehensive, 2-track highly interactive programme covering the breadth and depth of the T&D value chain, the event is a response to the region's USD500m smart grid investment plans, with a key feature being international utilities sharing their progress with T&D upgrades and smart grid road maps.
In addition, there’s a sizeable scale exhibition with 20+ booths for attendees to review and make justified decisions on the latest technologies and solutions.
Event dates and location -
For more information, interviews and media accreditation -
Clarion Events Pte Ltd
Tel: +65 6590 3970
Fax: +65 6223 9196