News By Tag
* Medical Tourism
* Medical Travel
* Medical Tourism Association
* More Tags...
News By Location
Certification Program in Medical Tourism Launched for Insurance, HR Professionals and Travel Agents
The Medical Tourism Association™ (MTA) has launched two certifications and professional designations for both insurance/HR professionals and travel agents.
Renée-Marie Stephano, president of the Medical Tourism Association™
“The certification program will give them the tools to create a roadmap and turn medical tourism from a concept into an action plan that can actually be implemented and managed with ease. This certification program should also allow more insurance, HR professionals and agents to become educated and will raise awareness and adoption of medical tourism across the globe,” Ms. Stephano added.
Benefits of Becoming a Certified Medical Tourism Specialist ™:
• Demonstrates to employers, insurers and peers that you possess the training and knowledge to successfully implement and manage both an international and domestic medical tourism program
• Sets you apart from the competition and shows colleagues your specialized expertise and commitment to the industry
• Shows that you are up to date with best practices in implementation, communication & engagement
• Opportunities for job promotion and career enhancement
Benefits of Becoming a Certified Medical Travel Specialist ™:
• Educate individual and corporate clients on health and wellness travel
• Add a niche business model, focused on medical, dental and wellness travel, to their portfolio
• Market health & wellness travel
• Implement health & wellness travel as an approved corporate expense
• Create a new source of revenue
In order to receive either of the two certifications, program participants must:
• Finish 8 hours of training/classes (this can be done either in person or online)
• Complete a workbook
• Meet educational and professional experience requirements
• Pass a comprehensive 100+ question exam
In order to remain certified, Specialists™
The first certification courses will be offered Saturday, October 27 in Fort Lauderdale/Miami, Florida, USA, immediately following the conclusion of the MTA’s 5th Annual World Medical Tourism and Global Healthcare Congress. After December 1st, 2012 the certification courses will be available online for anyone in the world to participate. For more information or to sign up for certification you can go to http//www.MedicalTourismCongress.com. The cost of the program is $1,500 for two years.
About the MTA
The Medical Tourism Association™