News By Tag
News By Place
Callaway Gardens® Hosts Tenth Annual Ida Cason Callaway Foundation Golf Tournament
Support the Non-Profit Ida Cason Callaway Foundation, Enjoy a World-Class Event; Players Receive a $200 Callaway Golf Gift Card and More
“In celebration of the tenth anniversary, this year’s event is going to be bigger and better than ever,” said Rick Wolf, director of golf at Callaway Gardens.
This tournament celebrates the great spirit of Callaway Gardens’ founder, Cason J. Callaway, who believed that golf should be a pleasant experience in beautiful surroundings as well as introducing children to nature.
Teams will receive a bevy of goods with entry into this can't-miss event:
* Competition round on your choice of Mountain View or Lake View courses, plus a Thursday or Saturday bonus round
* $200 Callaway Golf Gift Card per player, redeemable for the latest clubs, apparel, footwear, bags and more
* Pre-round skills challenge and special guest
* Access to demo clubs, launch monitor and Callaway Golf Merchandise Tent, where gift cards may be redeemed
* Awards ceremony and reception
* Complimentary beverage cart during round
There are two courses and formats from which to choose:
* Mountain View Course: Dog Fight - each player plays own ball; points awarded for bogeys, pars, birdies, eagles and double-eagles/
* Lake View Course: Yellow Ball Scramble - players take turn playing yellowball while rest of team plays traditional scramble; team score is sum of yellow ball scramble scores.
Corporate sponsorship packages are available at the Bronze ($2,500), Gold ($5,000) and Platinum ($10,000) levels.
Proceeds from the event go to the day’s biggest winners: the students who receive the opportunity to experience the educational and horticultural programs of Callaway Gardens. In addition to a host of programs and initiatives, the not-for-profit foundation hosts more than 30,000 schoolchildren in the Gardens each year, provides internships for college students and supports Callaway Gardens’ acclaimed Birds of Prey program.
Tournament day registration will begin at 10:30 a.m., with a luncheon to follow. Shotgun starts on both the Mountain View and Lake View courses will begin at 1 p.m.
Registration fee is $1,000 per four-person team. This event will fill up fast so sign up today - CLICK HERE for registration form or call Clarissa Chaudoin at 706.663.5170!
For the first year this event is on a Friday. Make a weekend of it! Overnight accommodations are available - CLICK HERE or call 1.800.CALLAWAY (225.5292) for reservations. Enter or mention Rate Code ICCF.
Callaway Gardens is in Pine Mountain, Ga., 60 minutes southwest of Atlanta and 30 minutes north of Columbus. For additional information, call 1-800-CALLAWAY (225-5292) or visit www.callawaygardens.com.
About Callaway Gardens
For almost 60 years, Callaway Gardens has provided “a place of relaxation, inspiration and a better understanding of the living world” for millions of visitors. Owned and operated by the non-profit Ida Cason Callaway Foundation, Callaway Gardens includes a garden, resort, preserve and residential community on thousands of acres in Pine Mountain, Georgia. Highlights include a butterfly conservatory, horticultural center, discovery center, chapel, inland beach, nature trails and special events throughout the year.
In addition, Callaway Gardens offers nearly 80,000 square feet of meeting space, 763 guest rooms, restaurants, a full-service spa, shops, golf, tennis, fishing and more.
Five unique, close-knit residential communities--
Callaway Gardens is home to a 4,610-acre forest preserve which is under conservation easement. This conserved, sustainably-