News By Tag
News By Place
Softaculous team announced launch of Softaculous 4.1.3
Softaculous Ltd., the developer of Softaculous Auto Installer that simplifies Application deployment on various hosting platforms, announced the launch of Softaculous 4.1.3 which includes several new features and a few bug fixes.
This version has several new features and a few bug fixes with major improvement in backup and restore process.
Softaculous 4.1.3 has following changes:
1) Now users can take a backup before upgrading the script to newer version.
2) Backup is now done in tar.gz format to overcome the limitations of zip. The new backup code can backup huge installations as well. All old backups in the .zip format will work as well.
3) Now admin can select a default protocol for the users.
4) Bug Fix : Demo, Rating, Reviews links were displayed after disabling it from admin panel. It is fixed now.
5) Bug Fix : In PLANS admin was not able to disable Softaculous for only some users. It is fixed now.
6) Bug Fix : If admin and the enduser both had different languages, then there was a language bug in the progress bar while backing up an installation. This is fixed now.
7) Bug Fix : All installations were shown in the "Show Available Updates" page in the enduser panel. This is now fixed.
Softaculous Auto Installer integrates into popular hosting control panels like cPanel, Plesk, DirectAdmin, H-Sphere and Interworx and allows the user to install any application by the click of a button. There are lots of script categories like blogs, forums, micro blogs, wikis, social networking, image galleries, ERP, Project Management, Educational, etc. One can also upgrade these applications when new versions become available. Softaculous also offers Demos, Ratings, Reviews and screenshots of the various applications.
"Softaculous 4.1.3 has major improvements in Backup and Restore process." said Pulkit Gupta, Softaculous founder and CEO. "The new Backup process has the ability to backup huge installations as well. You can expect several new features to be available in the next version. The apps in Softaculous library can also be installed by the click of a button on your Desktop or Office Server using Softaculous AMPPS, which is a WAMP stack with Softaculous."
The Softaculous apps library already contains popular applications, including: WordPress, b2evolution, StatusNet, wpxwm Drupal, Joomla, Concrete5, phpBB, MyBB, SMF, bbPress, Coppermine, Gallery, Mediawiki, DokuWiki, TikiWiki, Elgg, Dolphin, OpenX, SquirrelMail, LimeSurvey, Piwik, Mantis, SugarCRM, WHMCS, PrestaShop, Magento, CraftySyntax, osTicket, Moodle, Claroline, etc. most of which can be installed in several languages by just choosing the language on the Install form.
To address the needs of different hosting providers, Softaculous is available as a Free product or as a Premium product. The Free version has only 57 apps while the Premium version currently has 270 Apps.
Softaculous also includes installation of PHP Classes by just one click. These classes have been added to serve the developers who use PHP classes to develop their websites. "Softaculous library has over 1000 PHP Classes which cover a wide range of category. We are also added many more classes which will help our fellow developers."
said Brijesh Kothari, Sales Head at Softaculous.
Recently the company also released Webuzo - a LAMP stack with Softaculous installed on a CentOS Machine. Webuzo can help any user deploy Web Apps on their Desktops or in the Office. Webuzo can also be deployed in the Cloud which helps users to access their apps from anywhere.
Softaculous was founded in 2009 with the goal of helping users to deploy apps by the click of a button. Softaculous is already being offered by leading Data Center’s and Web hosting companies around the world.
It is very easy to find, deploy, manage, backup applications using Softaculous. One can also deploy apps in the office using Softaculous Webuzo or Softaculous AMPPS.
For more information, visit http://www.softaculous.com/