News By Tag
News By Location
Abalonetti Bar and Grill Celebrates California Wine Month This September
Just Announced! September is California Wine Month and Abalonetti Bar and Grill in Monterey is going to celebrate!
Abalonetti Bar and Grill Celebrates California Wine Month This September With
House Wine Specials and Corkage Free Wednesday
MONTEREY, CA -- September is California Wine Month, and that makes it a fine time to enjoy a glass of California wine at Abalonetti Bar and Grill. Throughout the month of September all house Chardonnay or Cabernet wines for $2.99 per glass all day long! Bring a bottle of your favorite wine and Wednesday’s and corkage is free!
In honor of California Wine Month, Abalonetti Bar and Grill challenges you to create your own Ode To Wine! Share your Ode to Wine on Abalonetti Bar and Grill Facebook page http://www.facebook.com/#!/
• Wine makes daily living easier, less hurried, with fewer tensions and more tolerance. - Ben Franklin, Commonsense
• Wine cheers the sad, revives the old, inspires the young, makes weariness forget his toil. - Lord Bryon, Sardanapalus
Here are some fun wine facts to help you celebrate throughout the month of September:
• Red wine, typically more than white wine, has antioxidant properties and contains resveratrol, which seems to be important in the cardio-protective effects of wine.
• California, New York, and Florida lead the United States in wine consumption.
• California is the fourth-largest wine producer in the world, after France, Italy, and Spain.
• Wine testers swirl their glass to encourage the wine to release all of its powerful aromas. Most don’t fill the glass more than a third full in order to allow aromas to collect and to not spill it during a swirl.
• When wine and food are paired together, they have “synergy” or a third flavor beyond what either the food or drink offers alone
• Richer, heavier foods usually go well with richer, heavier wines; lighter foods demand light wines. Additionally, red wine typically is served with red meat, white wine with white meat and fish, and sweet wine with desserts.
• It is traditional to first serve lighter wines and then move to heavier wines throughout a meal. Additionally, white wine should be served before red, younger wine before older, and dry wine before sweet.
Located at 57 Fisherman’s Wharf in Monterey, Abalonetti Bar and Grill is open 7 days a week for lunch and dinner: 11 am to 9 pm, full bar, wine list with a large selection of Monterey County wines, fabulous ocean views and ,more. http://www.abalonettimonterey.com/