News By Tag
News By Location
EMS Introduces LAP-X, the Most Affordable Laparoscopic Skills Trainer to U.S. and Canadian Markets
EMS has partnered with Epona Medical to act as its sole distributer in the U.S. of LAP-X, a virtual reality simulator for minimally invasive surgical training
“We are honored and proud to be named as distributor for Epona Medical in the U.S. and Canada. Acting as the sole distribution partner in the U.S. will allow us to further leverage the value we can provide to our current and potential healthcare customers by delivering an increasing portfolio of simulation training solutions," says Anurag Singh, President and CEO, EMS.
“In partnering with EMS, Epona Medical has entrusted its flagship product to the market leader in simulation-based educational training solutions," comments Dervis Demirtas, CEO of Epona Medical and inventor of LAP-X. “We feel confident that this partnership will enable us to grow and serve customers in the U.S. and Canadian markets with a company that has a long track record and excellent reputation for not only providing innovative products but also exceptional customer support.”
Medical schools, teaching hospitals, and skill labs in North America now have a brand new option when choosing a simulator for minimally invasive surgical training. Additionally, LAP-X is the only simulator in the world that makes use of real surgical instruments, thereby narrowing the gap between real surgery and virtual training.
LAP-X is a unique virtual reality (VR) simulator for minimally invasive surgical training:
• Offers a wide range of training exercises, tools, and functionality — LAP-X is built not only to be a skills trainer but also an effective educational platform for rule- and knowledge-based behavior training that is essential for performing safe laparoscopy.
• Deliver a variation in training to increase training effect — Provides serious gaming elements to motivate and challenge residents; the opportunity for competition between residents worldwide and within the same hospital; and the ability to create mandatory training schedules.
• Intuitive — Easy to install and understand. The system is self-explanatory and does not require third-party guidance.
• Compact design — The smallest, lightest (less than 11 lbs.), most portable, and the least space-utilizing simulator on the market.
• Affordable — The most affordable VR trainer on the market.
LAP-X is available for purchase through EMS in the U.S. and Canada, providing pre- and post-sales, technical support, training, and professional services expertise. For more information, contact EMS at info@EMS-works.com, and visit http://www.EMS-
About Education Management Solutions, Inc. (EMS) (http://www.EMS-
Hospitals, medical, nursing, and allied health schools, and counseling programs use EMS’ suite of products to more efficiently manage clinical simulation centers, effectively evaluate learner performance, and digitally document simulated events. As the leader in simulation management technology since its founding in 1994, EMS offers complete turnkey solutions that include integrated software and hardware, design and planning, engineering, configuration, installation, training, and support.
About Epona Medical
Epona Medical is a Dutch company located in Rotterdam, the Netherlands. Since the establishment of Epona Medical in April 2010, the company has been working with a number of experts to produce the finest educational materials for medical professionals. It is Epona Medical‘s vision to become the premier supplier of educational materials to hospital skills centers in the world.
Director - Marketing
610-701-7002 x 218