News By Tag
News By Place
Yorkshire and Humber shows signs of an improving housing market
- The average selling time of a property has decreased by six weeks since January 2012 - Sellers achieving the highest percentage of asking prices for over a year
The research revealed that the average asking price in the region increased steadily each month since February this year ending quarter two at £168,196. The average number of days taken to sell a property has reduced by 42 days to 143 over the last six months which is an encouraging sign for the market.
Ben Greco, Director at Move with Us said: “Yorkshire and Humber has performed well over the last quarter showing signs of overall improvement. June was a particularly good month for the region as sellers saw asking prices rise and were able to secure a higher percentage of it.
“Not only are sellers managing to secure more for their properties than they have been able to in over a year, but the average number of days it takes to sell property in the region has improved by six weeks in the last two quarters.
“This is a really encouraging sign and if the next quarter is as positive as this one, it will be a strong indicator of a growing market for the region.”
*Figures are derived from The Move with Us residential market review, quarter two 2012 and is produced in conjunction with Home.co.uk. Information from more than 3,900 property sales completed by Move with Us together with data derived from around 720,000 property listings from Home.co.uk is analysed.
For further information, please contact:
Sarah Evans Toyne/ Lianne Robinson/ Chiara Barreca, Broadgate Mainland: firstname.lastname@example.org / Tel. 020 7726 6111
About Move with Us:
• We are one of the UK’s leading residential property experts, providing a broad range of simple and effective services to help consumers buy, sell and value their homes. Our aim is to do property, properly.
• We provide free, impartial advice and tools to home buyers and sellers in the UK through our website and consumer helpline.
• Founded in 1997, we have become one of the largest estate agency networks, with more than 1,100 estate agents in the UK, ensuring that we have access to the best local knowledge.
• We work with the best independent, accredited estate agents across the country, providing property instructions and a host of moving services to help provide our customers with a smooth and efficient move.
• Based in Cambridgeshire, we have approximately 300 staff.
• Our business growth has been recognised with a number of awards, including The Sunday Times Fast Track 100 award in 2005, 2006, The Sunday Times Profit Track 100 award in 2008 and 2009 and The Telegraph Fast Growth List, 2011.
• For further information, please visit: http://www.movewithus.co.uk