News By Tag
News By Place
UK asking prices hit one-year high in June
- Average asking price for properties reached £232,000, compared to £228,000 12 months ago - Properties selling over six weeks faster
The data, which was taken from their quarterly residential market review, also found that five regions in the UK, the North East, North West, Yorkshire and Humber, East Midlands and the South West showed signs of an improving property market.
The asking price for properties across the UK increased by an average of £5,540 in the last six months, indicating that sellers have regained their confidence in the market and are expecting more money for their properties. Over the same time period the average days required to sell a residential property also dropped by 45 days.
Ben Greco, Director, Move with Us said: “The property market in the UK has proven to be very robust over the last few years with house prices holding strong in the face of a tough economic climate so we are pleased that our latest figures have shown signs of overall progression and that buyers and sellers alike seem to be viewing local market conditions more positively.”
“Whilst asking prices have increased over the last two quarters, the discount that buyers are managing to negotiate has diminished marginally which, coupled with a 45 day reduction in the average days to sell, is yet another strong indicator of an improving market.”
*Figures are derived from The Move with Us residential market review, quarter two 2012 and is produced in conjunction with Home.co.uk. Information from more than 3,900 property sales completed by Move with Us together with data derived from around 720,000 property listings from Home.co.uk is analysed.
For further information, please contact:
Sarah Evans Toyne/ Lianne Robinson/ Chiara Barreca, Broadgate Mainland: email@example.com / Tel. 020 7726 6111
About Move with Us:
• We are one of the UK’s leading residential property experts, providing a broad range of simple and effective services to help consumers buy, sell and value their homes. Our aim is to do property, properly.
• We provide free, impartial advice and tools to home buyers and sellers in the UK through our website and consumer helpline.
• Founded in 1997, we have become one of the largest estate agency networks, with more than 1,100 estate agents in the UK, ensuring that we have access to the best local knowledge.
• We work with the best independent, accredited estate agents across the country, providing property instructions and a host of moving services to help provide our customers with a smooth and efficient move.
• Based in Cambridgeshire, we have approximately 300 staff.
• Our business growth has been recognised with a number of awards, including The Sunday Times Fast Track 100 award in 2005, 2006, The Sunday Times Profit Track 100 award in 2008 and 2009 and The Telegraph Fast Growth List, 2011.
• For further information, please visit: http://www.movewithus.co.uk