News By Tag
News By Location
How to Prepare For Your Next Renovation
When Planning and executing any home improvement project, planning and preparedness are key. Use this list to help you prepare for your next home inprovement project.
When renovating your home, planning and preparation are the key components of a manageable project. Depending on the length and type of your renovation you may want to take extra steps to cover or store furniture and appliances to protect them from dust or other damage. Follow these tips to help you plan and organize your renovation.
1) Consult with your contractor or point person for the renovation and get an exact time frame for when work will commence and an estimate for when it will end.
2) If you have room on your property, consider renting some form of portable self storage to keep furniture and appliances free of dust or other damage during the renovation.
3) Set aside essential items like coffee makers, hair dryers and other household appliances that are used daily.
4) Pack gadgets, appliances, and other items not needed on a daily basis into labeled boxes for storage in shed, basement or on-site storage unit.
5) Pack smaller household items like decorative accessories, curtains, mirrors, wall hangings, and lamps into labeled boxes for storage in shed, basement or on-site storage unit.
6) Move furniture from renovation site and furniture from adjacent rooms to your portable storage unit, basement, shed or garage.
7) To protect your carpets and floors and to reduce dust and debris throughout the house, cover them with a plastic sheet.
8) If you are renovating your kitchen, purchase disposable cups, plates and silverware to allow for easy cleanup.
9) Be sure to properly label all boxed items so they can be located easily if needed.
10) When loading storage container, shed or basement, be sure to place bigger items to the back and smaller items and appliances you might possibly need towards the front.
Contact A.B. Richards Inc., if you would like to obtain a portable storage container. A.B. Richards’ storage containers are high quality steel storage containers that are secure, weatherproof and can be used for any type of on site retail storage. The company offers 20’ Storage containers, 40’ storage container and 40’ high storage containers and offers free pickup. A.B. Richards has been the premier provider of retail and business storage containers since 1982. If you are in need of a 20’ or 40’ portable storage container, call A.B. Richards at 1-800-597-5971 if you have questions or want to rent/lease one today.