News By Tag
News By Place
The 4th Bridges Summit Delivers the Latest Strategies for Innovative & Durable Architecture
Improving Performance with Innovative and Sustainable Design
New York, NY- With the ever-increasing number of commuters causing traffic volume to continuously rise, our nation’s bridges must contend with this constant development. While there are new bridges being erected and maintained everyday, those involved in their construction must build with their knowledge of past mistakes.
On the East Coast, a large number of bridges were built in the 1950s and 60s with a projected life span of 50 to 60 years. As time passes, these bridges will need to be restored and maintained in order to prevent deterioration, allowing them to be used for years to come. Unfortunately, with the reduction in budgets and high demand for repairs and retrofitting on these bridges, the Department of Transportation (DOT) has had to prioritize these projects by need and cost.
IQPC’s 4th Bridges; Innovation, Funding & Risk Management Summit will seek to deliver the latest information regarding the latest strategies for effective architecture and innovative designs. Highlights of this event will include case studies and workshops regarding design applications, new technologies and innovative processes in both repairing old and building new bridges. Attendees will be exposed to the latest strategies in effective architecture and design, all while networking with other industry professionals and DOT officials. Also, all attendees are eligible to receive 12.25 AIA credits.
The 4th Bridges; Innovation, Funding & Risk Management Summit features some of the top leaders in bridge construction and head engineers from several high-profile DOT branches, including:
• Dan Himick, President (C. C. Myers, Inc.)
• Alexander Bardow, State Bridge Engineer (Massachusetts Department of Transportation)
• Raj Navalurkar, Director of NJ Surface Transportation Group (URS Corporation)
• Jeffrey A. Scala, Vice President/Regional Director (Tectonic)
• Richard Dunne, Director of Structural Engineering Services (Michael Baker)
• Albert Pozotrigo, Executive Vice President (M & J Engineering)
• Hossein Ghara, State Bridge Engineer (Louisiana Department of Transportation and Development)
• Franklin Moon, Principal & Associate Professor (Intelligent Infrastructure Systems, LLC / Drexel University )
IQPC’s 4th Bridges; Innovation, Funding & Risk Management Summit takes place August 27-29, 2012, in New York, NY at Sentry Centers – Midtown East. To learn more about this conference, please visit www.bridgesconference.com.
Daniel Jaffe, (212) 885-6034