News By Tag
* Country music
* More Industries...
News By Location
‘feels So Right’ To Shine The Spotlight On Music Producer Harold Shedd
Celebrities, politicians and friends to celebrate Shedd’s legacy with numerous events
Most of the day’s events will be held at Mill Town Music Hall (1031 Alabama Avenue, Bremen, GA 30110), a venue that hosts quality, wholesome entertainment in West Georgia. Proceeds from the Harold Shedd Tribute concert will support a Music Business student scholarship at Kennesaw State University and the Tanner Medical Foundation’s Music Therapy Program.
The day’s events will include:
• GDOT Highway Re-naming Ceremony (10 a.m.) – Section of US Highway 27, through Haralson County to Harold Shedd Highway, will be renamed at an event supported by Representative Kevin Cooke and the Haralson County Board of Commissioners, as well as other elected officials. This event will be sponsored and hosted by CertusBank (102 Stonebridge Blvd, Bremen).
• Red Carpet Walk (4 - 7 p.m.) – The public is encouraged to meet the celebrity attendees as they walk down the red-carpet in front of Mill Town Music Hall.
• Surprise Announcement (5:30 p.m.) – Bremen Mayor Sharon Sewell will announce how the city plans to honor Shedd.
• Harold Shedd ‘Music Mill Gallery’ (5:40 p.m.) – Unveiling of plans for a partnership with the City of Bremen to serve as the home for Shedd’s memorabilia from 50 years in the music business, as well as a celebration of other musical talents from Georgia.
• Tribute Concert (7 p.m.) – Hosted by radio legend Rhubarb Jones. Confirmed performers include members of Alabama, Mel Tillis, John Berry, Doug Stone, Kentucky Headhunters (tentative), Harold McWhorter, as well as appearances by friends such as NFL and Collegiate Coach Barry Switzer. [There are several other artists that Shedd produced that we are coordinating schedules to confirm attendance with artists including, but not limited to, Billy Ray Cyrus.] In addition, the president of the National Songwriters Association will present a commemorative video.
All of these events are open to the public and tickets are available at the Mill Town Music Hall Box Office, via www.MillTownMusicHall.com or on the phone at 770-537-6455.
Celebrity guests will continue to be announced until the day of the event and radio personality Rhubarb Jones will host the day-long celebration.
Born in Buchanan and raised in Bremen, GA, Shedd played in a local band and served as a disc jockey for 14 years prior to moving to Nashville. In 1979, he was instrumental in signing Alabama for RCA and then produced 21 consecutive number one hits for the band. He also produced albums for Mel Tillis, Louise Mandrell, Glen Campbell and Reba McEntire. In 1988, Shedd joined Mercury Polygram Records Nashville, where during the next six years he oversaw the signing of Kentucky Headhunters, Shania Twain, Billy Ray Cyrus, Toby Keith and Kathy Mattea. Shedd was inducted into the Georgia Music Hall of Fame in 1989.