News By Tag
* Osha Trench Safety
* Phoenix Trench Shoring
* Tucson Trench Shoring
* Shoring Rentals Az
* Shoring Rentals Phoenix
* More Tags...
News By Location
Trench Shore Rentals Offers Reminder About Trenching and Excavation Safety
Trench Shore Rentals, an Arizona shoring rental company, offers a reminder about the importance of trenching and excavation safety.
By: Trench Shore Rentals
By OSHA standards, any man-made cut, cavity, trench, or depression that is formed by earth removal is considered an excavation. A trench is any narrow excavation that is no wider than 15 feet, but is deeper than it is wide. To ensure job site safety, no employee should ever enter an unprotected trench. Trenches measuring 5 feet deep or more require a protective system, such as sloping, shoring or shielding. In addition, OSHA requires all trenches to undergo daily inspection by a certified “Competent Person.” This person must have specialized training in a variety of different areas related to trench safety, including soil analysis, proper use of protective systems, and the many requirements of OSHA Excavation Standards contained in 29 CFR 1926 Subpart P.
OSHA also requires employers to ensure the following at all trenching and excavation job sites:
• Keep heavy equipment away from trench edges.
• Facilitate employee access and egress in all trenches over 4 feet deep.
• Keep surcharge loads at least 2 feet from trench edges.
• Be aware of the location of underground utilities.
• Conduct routine tests for low oxygen, hazardous fumes and toxic gases.
• Ensure trenches are inspected at the beginning of each shift.
• Ensure trenches are inspected following a rainstorm.
• Prevent employees from working under raised loads.
For additional information on trench safety training, visit http://www.trenchshorerentals.com/
For over 30 years, Trench Shore Rentals has been offering a wide variety of trench shoring equipment and supplies for rent or purchase. Trench Shore Rentals provides trench shoring equipment, services and supplies in Phoenix and Tucson, Arizona; El Paso, Texas; New Mexico; and San Diego, California. No matter what your trench shoring needs, Trench Shore Rentals has the right solution for you. Visit http://trenchshorerentals.com to learn more about the company.