News By Tag
* Miller Homes Summer of Sport
* Funding For Sports Clubs
* New Homes In Yorkshire
* Affordable Homes
* More Tags...
News By Place
Sports Clubs to Score thanks to Miller Homes
House builder Miller Homes is celebrating this year’s summer of sport by putting £500 up for grabs to sports clubs across North Nottinghamshire and Yorkshire.
Clubs and organisations throughout Yorkshire and North Nottinghamshire are being urged to put themselves forward for the chance to win the pot of cash by collecting an application form from one of Miller Homes’ developments across the region.
Entrants will have to say in no more than 200 words why their sports club deserves to win the money, how it will benefit the club and what it will be spent on.
The entries will be judged by members of the Miller Homes’ team as well as former England and Leeds Utd player Paul Reaney, patron of the Martin House Charity and coach to footballing youngsters.
Miller Homes’ regional sales director Steve McElroy said: “To celebrate this year’s famous sporting events we thought it would be great to launch our own Summer of Sport community initiative.
“We are always keen to support local communities, particularly in education, sport and development, as building great communities and ensuring adults and children have interesting, interactive, safe and secure surroundings is at the heart of our ethos.
“As one of the judges I will be looking for examples of how the sporting clubs in our communities will be able to make the most of out the donation, how it will directly support the learning and fitness for its members that use the facility and examples of what new equipment they will be able to buy.”
Details of the initiative have been sent to local school summer clubs, scouts, girls guides as well as local sporting clubs. Alternatively, yavch community leaders and club managers can pick up an entry form at one of Miller Homes’ marketing suites across Yorkshire.
The closing date for entries is Sunday 2nd September 2012 giving entrants plenty of time to prepare a winning application.
Developments across the region include Flaxton Court, Bradford; Stonebridge Fold, East Ardsley; h2010, Leeds; Miller@Grace, Thornton; Cleminson Halls, Cottingham; Minster View, Gringley-on-
Further details of your nearest Miller Homes development across the region can be found by visiting http://www.millerhomes.co.uk.
Notes to editors:
• Miller Homes is part of The Miller Group. Since it was established in 1934, Miller Homes has built more than 100,000 homes across the UK, providing a variety of properties to meet the needs of a wide range of purchasers at all stages on the property ladder.
• Miller Homes operates in eight regions across the UK – Scotland East, Scotland West, North West, Yorkshire, North East, East Midlands, West Midlands and Southern.
• Miller Homes offers a variety of incentives, including government-backed schemes and its own schemes, to assist homebuyers in purchasing a new home.
• In 2012 Miller Homes was awarded five star rating in the National Home Builders Federation New Home Customer Satisfaction Survey and the results of independent research highlighted that 97% of its own customers would recommend Miller Homes to their best friend.
Miller Homes Yorkshire has developments across the region in:
Press information from:
Flourish Marketing & PR
t: 07912 493582