News By Tag
News By Location
The 2012 Alzafar Shrine Circus Set to Rock the Guadalupe County Rodeo Arena 8/27
A cultural kaleidoscope of color and opulent panorama of pageantry kicks off a star-studded, all new, never before seen line up as enchanting elephants, tantalizing tigers, and amazing acrobats prepare to dazzle and astound.
This year’s Shrine Circus has a Broadway theme—including an original new score, beautiful new costumes, and thrilling feats, many never attempted in the US previously. George Carden, the founder of America’s Original Three Ring Circus, said this about the upcoming shows, “Every year, we scour the world to find the best performances. We’re bringing a big show, the biggest we’ve ever put together. The spirit of the circus is to top anything and everything, each year.” Slated to appear are:
• Joseph Dominick Bauer, Ringmaster. Hailing from Swiss circus royalty, Bauer is emcee and conqueror of the Wheel of Death.
• Daniel Raffo, World Renowned Tiger Trainer. Direct from Argentina, Raffo’s bevy of beautiful Bengal big cats are untamed, untethered, and utterly unpredictable.
• Andrea and Lluvia, Courageous and Indescribable. This daring duo hangs high above the arena, by their hair while spinning at dangerous speeds and juggling flaming batons.
• Broadway Bo, The World’s Largest Performing Elephant, trained by Larry Carden. In a jaunty top hat, see this incredible 5 ton pachyderm perform feats of precision and perfection.
• Caroline Williams and the Liberty Horses. Eight generations of German equestrian circus history course through Caroline’s high stepping steeds as artistic artistry unfolds from above.
• Oodles of Poodles. Clever canines cavorting on a challenge course. These are no ordinary dogs!
• Hernando and Marius, Motorcycle Madness. Not for the faint of heart, Hernando and Marius take motocross to new heights, combining dangerous daredevils and a delicate incline wire.
Ticket prices are $12 for children (12 and under) and $16 for adults, general admission. Buy one adult ticket, get one child ticket (BOGO) coupons are available for general admission seating. Details are available on the website, www.2012circus.com. Children who have not yet reached their 3rd birthday are free. Tickets may be purchased at the box office or online.
Show times for the Alzafar Shrine Circus at the Guadalupe County Rodeo Arena on August 27, 2012 are at 5:00 and 7:15 pm. Doors open one hour prior to show times.
The Shrine Circus is the only interactive circus in the world! Our audience is warmly welcomed into all three rings of the circus floor for our famous Pre-Party one hour prior to show times to meet our performers, ride the elephants, and just clown around! This is a perfect photo opportunity to create memories that last a lifetime and beyond.
About Our Hosts: The Shrine Circus is a fundraising event for the Alzafar Shrine Temple, known for their tireless and colorful participation in the community service projects and philanthropic pursuits. Shriners International is one of the oldest fraternal organizations in the world. For more information on Alzafar Shrine, visit www.alzafar.org. Net proceeds from the Shrine Circus benefit the Alzafar Shrine Temple, and are not tax deductible as charitable contributions.