The Investigator Conferences announces their Covert Policing Conference
The world of covert policing is an ever emerging and changing arena and our covert policing conference aims to showcase some of the cutting edge advances in this area.
We will look at best practice around disclosure and provide advice on how best to incorporate covert tactics into your overall investigation strategy and look at some of the potential solutions that you might not be aware is available.
Topics and speakers
Charles Miller, Former policy advisor to Home Office Covert Investigation Policy Team:
• Exploring data sources that can determine a suspect’s location and issues with access and interpretation of that data
• Current, future and press challenges in the covert arena that affect investigations
Barrie Davies, former West Midlands Police DCI who specialised in covert policing and now head of Baron Training – a covert policing consultancy that has delivered training to a number of UK forces
• Management of covert operations: legislation, challenges and best practice
DIs Malcolm Redmore and Barry Coverdale, Humberside Police in charge of level 1 and level 2 source units and force disclosure champions. Both officers have a combined experience of 48 years in CID:
• Criminal Procedure and Investigations Act 1996 – a new Act?! Dealing with human intelligence
Other speakers to be announced shortly
Who should attend?
• SIOs who want to further explore the potential that covert tactics can offer
• All those in the investigative arena who want to find out more about the potential of covert policing
• Covert practitioners who are keen to share best practice and network with colleagues in UK police forces
• The conference will also feature an exhibition of suppliers and covert specialists who will be showcasing the latest technology
1 delegate: £125.00
2 delegates: £190.00
All bookings made before 24 August 2012 will be entitled to a 10% discount.
1 delegate: £112.50
2 delegates: £171.00
• Conference runs from 9.30am till 3.30pm (Registration starts at 8.30am)
• Certificates of attendance available
• Accommodation can be booked with the hotel at a special reduced rate
• Tea and coffee will be served on your arrival
How do book delegate places:
Email the delegate name(s), email address(s), accounts payable email address and telephone number and invoice address to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that many police forces/organisations will only pay our invoices if a purchase order number is included, please check with your accounts department.
A booking confirmation will then be sent with an invoice for payment.
Rothley Court Hotel, Westfield Lane, Rothley, Leicestershire, LE7 7LG.
Tel: 0844 660 8707
Fax: 0844 660 8701
For terms & conditions please visit: