News By Tag
* Travel website
* More Industries...
News By Location
The Healthy Holiday Company launches offering bespoke healthy breaks for everyone
As the Olympics are upon us the team behind in:spa, fitscape & destination yoga brands launches The Healthy Holiday Company, a brand new specialist tour operator offering a range of bespoke ‘healthy’ holidays for families, singles and friends.
Born out of feedback from the company’s group retreat clients looking for healthy holiday experiences they can share with family and friends, and a definite nod to the general increased interest in sporty holidays throughout Europe*, The Healthy Holiday Company provides clients with a huge range of active and wellbeing getaways worldwide. There is a wide range of hotel or villa accommodation, as well as added ‘healthy’ extras such as personal chefs, nutritionists, massage therapists, fitness trainers and yoga instructors.
The new company also offers one of the most comprehensive wellbeing spa programmes including leading destination spas such as Chiva Som and Six Senses and more specialist retreats for the body and soul such as the Absolute Sanctuary on Koh Samui or SHA Wellness in Southern Spain.
From surfing and yoga at a new beach retreat in Morocco, to trail running in South Africa or a luxury villa holiday in Ibiza with personal chef, yoga and swimming lessons thrown in, The Healthy Holiday Company can tailor-make anything to a client’s specific request or suggest new and inspiring ways on how to spend a healthier holiday.
This new offering will complement the company’s existing group holidays (in:spa, fitscape and destination yoga), which have fixed departures throughout the year and operate mainly in France, Spain, Portugal, Italy and Morocco.
For ease of use the new website, www.thehealthyholidaycompany.com provides the option to browse by destination, specific healthy experience or time of year. Invaluable guidance and advice is on hand from knowledgeable in-house staff as well as handpicked experts on the ground including mountain guides, personal trainers, nutritionists and yoga teachers, as well as destination specialists.
Here are a few holiday ideas from the new collection:
• Yoga and surfing at Paradis Plage, Morocco – Spend a week at the new Paradis Plage resort, just along the coast from Agadir, Morocco, which provides the ideal location to combine yoga and surfing. The beachside hotel opened this Spring and has a tranquil yoga studio with direct views over the Atlantic Ocean, as well as first class surf instructors with lessons open to everyone over 7. What’s more, with British Airways now offering direct flights to Agadir from London, it couldn’t be easier to escape for a warm week or a long sunny weekend (Sat-Tues). Prices start from £775 per person which includes three nights bed and breakfast accommodation, three yoga lessons and two surf lessons as well as return BA flights to Agadir and transfers.
• The 8-Day Cape Trail Running Tour offers a unique opportunity to enhance fitness levels whilst experiencing the highlights of the winelands region. The new adventure is guided by triathelete Steve Atwell and involves 5 days of guided trail-running (of between 2 to 4 hours in length) as well as 3 days to take the time to unwind and explore South Africa’s attractions. The holiday is priced from £1,170 per person, including guided trail runs, 7 nights’ accommodation in Cape Town and Stellenbosch, breakfasts, and car hire (flights extra), based on two people sharing a double or twin.
• Hiking Holiday in the Italian Dolomites – This 7 day traverse runs from Alta Badia to the Val di Fassa across some of region’s most spectacular mountain ranges including: Sella, Rosengarten, Catinaccio and Vajolet. The holiday is priced from £1,270 (includes accommodation in hotel and charming rifugios, some meals, an experienced local English speaking guide and transfers within the area (flights extra). Walking routes and durations can be adapted to individual fitness levels.
• A Family Ski Safari - This family adventure holiday is based in the Italian Dolomites with hut to hut cross-country skiing and personal mountain guide. Overnight accommodation is in mountain rifugios. The price, including ski guide, accommodation, lift pass, luggage transfers and local transport starts from £2,440 per person based on a family of five with the itinerary designed for the ability of the group.
• Sleep Enhancement in Kamalaya, Koh Samui
Spend seven nights at Kamalaya, a holistic island wellness retreat. Centred round a tiny cave temple where Buddhist monks used to meditate, Kamalaya offers a tranquil setting with wellness activities from yoga and sound therapy and visiting spiritual gurus. The sleep enhancement programme is perfect for those suffering from disturbed sleep patterns and includes a specialist consultation, body bio-impedance analysis (BIA), acupuncture and ayurvedic massage. Prices start from £2,055 per person, including accommodation, the wellness programme, three deliciously detoxifying meals a day, and transfers. Flights are not included.
• Four night road biking trip in Majorca
A four night break at Reads hotel perfectly situated for cycling in the Tramuntana Mountain range and also for less demanding flatter country rides. The holiday is priced from £1,165 per person based on two adults sharing and includes return flights flights, transfers, four nights accommodation, breakfast and dinner each day as well as one full day of private guiding with a local biking expert and three days of self-guided cycling with all cycling equipment provided, as well as three relaxing massages.
Other options include:
- Golf and Safari in KwaZulu-Natal, South Africa – 10 day holiday from £2,375 per person including flights, accommodation at the Oyster Box and Hilltop Camp in the Hluhuwe/Umfolzi Game Reserve as well as car rental and green fees at Zimbali Golf Course and Durban country club. This holiday is perfect for the British Summer months July – September.
- Luxurious villa detox in Ibiza
Spend a week getting fit with friends at boutique villa Casa Lila, located in Ibicencan countryside. With light and airy spaces, high ceilings and a swimming pool this makes for a very tranquil escape with a personal chef on tap to ‘healthy cater’ each meal as well as five yoga sessions and five personal fitness training sessions. The six night holiday for a group of 10 is priced from £1,330 per person and includes the chef, full board, yoga and training sessions. Flights are not included.
For bookings go to For more information go to http://www.thehealthyholidaycompany.co.uk or call 0208 968 0501.
For media information contact Fiona Reece at Fiona Reece PR on email@example.com or call 01242 211 192 or 07702 684 682
Note to Editors:
* According to the latest survey of the World Travel Monitor, commissioned by ITB Berlin, over the last five years there has been a double-digit increase in active holidays among European tourists, which has even overtaken cruises, which five years ago ranked ahead of sporting holidays. There are currently estimated to be nine million active holidays taken by Europeans abroad.