News By Tag
News By Location
New Gaming Monetization Research from Arkadium Reveals Behavior of the Facebook Game Purchaser
Data offers insight on the items social gamers are most likely to purchase, where they are most likely to monetize and when to target the monetizing gamer
By: Larkin/Volpatt Communications
Arkadium’s research uncovered some interesting data that provides an insightful look at the items Facebook gamers are likely to purchase, the genre of games that are most likely to monetize, and a greater understanding of the profile of the monetizing social gamer.
Some of the statistics accumulated in this second half of Arkadium’s research include:
• Why do players purchase?
– 51% purchase to decorate and personalize
– 44% purchase to gain an edge
• What do players purchase?
– 46% of purchasers buy game upgrades
– 52% typically stay in the $0-$5 range for in-game purchases
• Where do players purchase?
– 69% are purchasing in Sim or building games
– 79% spend in two or fewer games per month
• When do players purchase?
– 67% of buyers wait more than a week before they are convinced to purchase in a Facebook game
– 49% of buyers report they are still playing all of the games in which they have purchased after six months
The complete research presentation, which includes additional details on the study can be found here: https://www.slideshare.net/
The first half of the research can be found at: http://www.slideshare.net/
Arkadium has also created a compelling infographic communicating all the research report’s findings that can be found at: http://www.arkadium.com/
Arkadium, creators of the largest library of casual games in the world, has been a top game development studio for more than a decade. The company’s hit games, including Mahjongg Dimensions, are distributed worldwide to over ten million gamers per month on the web, Facebook, iPhone and iPads. A top 20 Comscore game distributor, Arkadium has been the longstanding games partner of MSN, Hearst Magazines Digital Media, ESPN, ABC, Lifetime, Discovery and many more distinguished brands. Family owned and operated, Arkadium has grown organically since 2001 to more than 130 employees in offices in New York City, Toronto and Ukraine. For more information visit http://www.arkadium.com.