News By Tag
News By Location
Sunday, August 12, Is 'Kids Day' At Wizard World Chicago Comic Con
Face painting, a Ghostbusters reading, arts & crafts, "kid-friendly: booths, a costume contest and more special kids programming are set for "Kids Day" on Sunday, August 12, at Wizard World Chicago Comic Con.
Admission to Kids Day and the entire Wizard World Chicago Comic Con for kids 10 and under is free with a paid adult (two free kids per adult).
Some of the highlights of Kids Day include:
· Wizard World Chicago Comic Con Passport (all day) – upon arrival, kids should go directly to the Kids Day booth to pick up a Passport, which will guide them to kid-friendly booths, activities, celebrities and artists. Kids who earn stamps at each stop will win a prize.
· Ghostbusters Reading (11 a.m.) - Who ya gonna call? Bring the little ones to a special story time reading by the Ghostbusters. Kids can interact with the Ghostbusters as they ask trivia and answer any questions the young ones have always wanted to ask.
· Superhero Arts and Crafts (noon) - This is not an ordinary arts & crafts session, this is specifically made for superheroes!
· Kids Costume Contest (1 p.m.) - Too cute to resist! It's like Halloween in August as kids show off their best costumes and win prizes. Hosted by our very own superhero, Jarrett “The Defuser” Crippen.
· Face painting and balloon artists (all day) – Talented Wizard World face painters have kids as their canvas, with butterflies, kitty whiskers, flowers and more.
· Kid-friendly celebrities (all day) – Well, we like to think every Wizard World celebrity loves kids, but a few will be stamping Passports and saying an extra hello. Check out the list on arrival.
· Kid-friendly artists (all day) – Visit super-talented artists in Artists Alley for a Passport stamp and maybe a commissioned piece! Look for the “Kid-Friendly”
Top celebrities such as William Shatner, Stan Lee, Scott Bakula, Tom Felton, Jon Bernthal, Mike “The Situation” Sorrentino and WWE® Superstars CM Punk™ and John Cena®, notable artists Carlos Pacheco, George Pérez, Greg Capullo and dozens of others will attend what is shaping up as the biggest Wizard World show ever and the Midwest’s No. 1 Pop Culture Convention.
Wizard World Chicago Comic Con, produced by Wizard World, Inc. (WIZD.PK), will bring together thousands of fans of all ages to celebrate the best in pop-fi, pop culture, movies, graphic novels, comics, toys, video gaming, television, sci-fi, gaming, original art, collectibles, contests and more.
For more on the 2012 Wizard World Chicago Comic Con, visit http://www.wizardworld.com/