News By Tag
News By Place
SMART Momentum Continues in NHS Trust Market; Announces Recent Customer Wins
Kronos Incorporated today announced its latest round of new National Health Service (NHS) Trust customers for its SMART workforce management solutions.
• SMART workforce management solutions include e-Rostering, time and attendance, and absence management. The solutions cover rostering for doctors, nurses, and other staff; time and attendance; staff bank management; real-time evidence based decision support (real-time hospital); and payroll. They also interface to ESR and expenses management.
• Many of the new contracts replace existing first generation systems, which is a testament to the strength of SMART solutions among NHS Trusts.
• Amongst others, the Trusts that have recently selected SMART include:
o Liverpool Community Health has selected SMART Bank solution together with SMART Cloud services to cover all areas of the Trust.
o Weston Area Health has contracted with SMART to provide e-Rostering and Bank for rollout across the whole Trust.
o The Pennine Acute Hospitals, having initially selected SMART for e-Rostering, the hospital network has now chosen to extend the contract to include replacement of its legacy Bank system which covers nursing, midwifery, and administrative and clerical staff.
o NHS Buckinghamshire, which already uses SMART e-Rostering for Buckinghamshire Healthcare’s 2,000 acute staff, has extended its use of SMART to include 2,500 community-based staff via an innovative centralised rostering service.
o NHS Tayside is running a pilot covering a mix of clinical and non-clinical areas.
o NHS Grampian is currently running the largest-ever pilot for e-Rostering in Scotland across 19 wards.
• Tristan Spencer, director, SMART Solutions Group
“SMART remains committed to providing high-quality, high-impact solutions to the NHS market. With the expanded range of Kronos resources, it is our intention to deliver even greater value to our customers. We look forward to further strengthening our NHS market presence by continuing to deliver the highest-value products and services.”
• Tim Bisley, general manager, Kronos EMEA
“We are delighted that SMART continues to increase its presence in the NHS. With more than 1.3 million employees, it’s essential to find efficient, automated, and cost-effective solutions to ensure that hospitals are staffed with the optimum number of appropriately skilled staff. Quality patient care is a priority for the NHS and an effective workforce management solution will continue to support this agenda.”
• The National Health Service (NHS) is one of the largest employers in the world, and is the biggest in Europe, with more than 1.3 million staff.
• SMART is a workforce management solution widely used by the UK’s NHS. SMART enables NHS Trusts to align with the Quality, Innovation, Productivity, and Prevention (QIPP) agenda by optimizing staff and ensuring that quality patient care is delivered as efficiently as possible. To learn more about the SMART solution, visit www.smart-rostering.co.uk.
• Kronos acquired SMART in April 2012.
• Connect with Kronos via Facebook, Twitter, Google+, LinkedIn, and YouTube.
• Subscribe to our workforce management blogs.
About Kronos Incorporated
Kronos is the global leader in workforce management solutions that enable organizations to control labor costs, minimize compliance risk, and improve workforce productivity. Tens of thousands of organizations in 100 countries — including more than half of the Fortune 1000® — use Kronos time and attendance, scheduling, absence management, HR and payroll, hiring, and labor analytics applications. To learn how Kronos uniquely delivers complete automation and high-quality information in an easy-to-use solution, visit www.kronos.com.
© 2012 Kronos Incorporated. All rights reserved. Kronos is a registered trademark of Kronos Incorporated or a related company. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.
SMART, A Kronos Solution
+44 (0)1438 822229
+44 (0) 1491 639500