News By Tag
News By Place
Hail Damage devastates Greenville SC - Exterior Specialists are the preferred roofing contractors.
Hail storms have and are continuing to devastate the Upstate of South Carolina. Work is cut out for policy owners & insurance adjusters. Exterior Specialists of Greenville are on the frontier of damage repair and contractor services.
View more about http://esgreenville.com/
Hail Damage and what to do next.
Roof hail damage is not always obvious, especially when looking up from the ground. Usually hail damage to roof or ridge vents and gutters is easy to spot by looking for dents and dings. Shingle damage shows up as random light or dark spots across the expanse of the roof where the hail has impacted and knocked loose the granules covering the shingle, exposing the asphalt layer.
If you think you’ve got shingle damage from hail, use this checklist as a guide while walking around your house. If you think you’ve got wind damage, see the wind damage checklist: http://esgreenville.com/
- First of all, don’t climb on the roof. Leave that to a professional.
- Look for obvious signs of torn, curled or blown-off shingles, dented vents, dented gutters, skylights, etc.
- Are there any tears in your window screens?
- Cracks in the windows, or visible damage to caulking or beading around the windowpanes?
- Check your HVAC unit for damage: dents/dimples to exterior casing, fins, etc.
- Is there any broken glass inside the house? Make a note of where it is located.
- Is there any damage to lawn furniture or outside decorations?
- Any damage to porch screens, hot tub covers, etc.?
- Inspect fences, swing-sets, decks and patios for marks, dents or scuff marks.
- Do you have outside lights? Do they still work?
- Check swimming pool for floating debris or other damage. Did you have to clean out the pool?
- Check trees for broken limbs and/or fallen limbs.
- Did you lose your electricity?
- Look for water stains on the ceiling, particularly in corners, around light fixtures, and around the chimney.
- Check the attic for water seepage or wet insulation.
For more information about services, information, or more resources visit: http://esgreenville.com/