News By Tag
* Video games
* More Industries...
News By Place
Small Australian Game Developer & Publisher Bungarra carves a new wave with The Surfer
Small independent developer and publisher "takes the drop" on it's own in the world of video games
The Surfer® combines high-speed momentum based surfing with big carves and air tricks on incredible waves from around the globe. THE SURFER® is an arcade surfing game built by hardcore surfers – for everyone.
In this leader-board style of competition, complete with waves that barrel, peak, break left, right, or just foam crumble. Pro Tour “hopefuls”
To deliver the best surfing experience, Bungarra grounded The Surfer® in real surfing physics with a true-to-life feel and sense of control, but have powered it up for arcade fun. Players physically pump up and down the wave to build up momentum and then score big, purely, as a result of the speed generated from the wave. The artificial intelligence of The Surfer® brings to life the experience of intense four man heat surfing, in over-the-top locations from all corners of the globe. Players choose one of the international surfers to jump in the water and paddle their way out into the lineup.
THE SURFER® utilises a unique episodic based approach to sports game development. For Section 1, the player experiences a solid single player game and the major core game systems in place. Players get to save out their progress from Section 1 and use that saved game for the next Sections 2 and 3. For Sections 2 and 3 there are new levels, new single and multiplayer modes to share with friends, new characters; developed and tweaked with feedback direct from the community to build the kind of experience people want.
In Section 1, the game features different The Surfer levels that stretch the barriers of reality providing a wide-array of challenges for the beginner to expert surfer. Want to ride a deep water break in the North Sea where the only time of the year it’s safe to surf is in the summer? The Surfer® offers “Ledge Rock”, which is just that: a towering cliff break in the open ocean featuring big peaking waves offering deep barrels and hotdog sections. What about shredding it up on one of the world longest tidal bores? The Surfer® has that too in the “Forsaken Gully,” the near mythical tidal-bore wave of the Colorado River that has wreaked destruction and havoc on the river for hundreds of years.
Developed by small independent developer Bungarra Software, the Section 1 game is sold via the Bungarra Store at www.bungarra.com as well as other reputable online stores.
Section 1 Key Features
• Pump –The intuitive physics based PUMP control lets you perform skill-based tricks that capture the real-world feel and true attitude of surfing
• Define Your Style of Surfing – animation and physics that give you the freedom to decide how your surfer rides.
• Genuinely random waves – Waves that genuinely tube, or roll with a life of their own. If you’ve ever really wanted to go surfing but haven’t tried, then come and share a wave with us.
• Hardcore Tour - No longer are events restricted to regular surfing beaches. A leader-board styled competition featuring open ocean big wave events, tidal bores and stadium courses form the basis of a tour where the surfer left standing has proven to be the complete waterman or woman.
• Cool physics. Grounded in real surfing physics, which are powered up for arcade fun.
• Stunning Visuals. Nice character animation, dynamic environments, variable weather and lighting effects.
• 3 Gameplay Modes. Compete in Free Surf, Competition and Repechage events.
• 3 Courses. 3 mind-blowing circuits as well as two bonus courses surfers must earn their way onto.
• 4 International Surfers. Each with their own attitude and trick set.
• Feel the water, feel the waves. Supports keyboard and rumble control.
Bungarra would like to let us know that there will be a demo available shortly.