News By Tag
News By Place
SWFL Boaters & Anglers Excited for West Marine Grand Opening / Family-Friendly Weekend
West Marine is opening a Flagship store in Fort Myers - Grand Opening Events Include Free Boat Show, Meet Edgar Hansen of “The Deadliest Catch,” Tips from Experts & Door-Buster Deals Throughout the Weekend
Family-friendly activities throughout the weekend:
- High Tech Electronics Demonstrations with Raymarine, Garmin, Sony, Navico, Lowrance and Icom.
- Experts provide tips and tricks on how to maximize your boat’s performance and expand your fishing expertise.
- Renowned underwater photographer Tony Ludovico will be on deck with FREE autographed prints for the first 50 fans. (Saturday 12 noon – 2 p.m.)
- Edgar Hansen, deck boss and chief engineer of the F/V Northwestern featured on “Deadliest Catch,” will meet shoppers and sign autographs. (Saturday 2 p.m. – 4 p.m.).
- Door-Buster discounts throughout the weekend
- Raffle prizes and giveaways
- Free refreshments, while supplies last
“Cruising for a Cause” Charity Night will be held on Thursday, July 19 from 6 p.m. to 9 p.m. at the store. Tickets are $10 and available at the door or through the following local charities: Edison Sailing Center (http://www.edisonsailingcenter.org/
About the Flagship Store
- It’s the Biggest West Marine Store in Southwest Florida and the fifth Flagship Store in the state – This brand-new Flagship Store is over 25,000 square feet and was created to serve both the needs of local residents and those travelling through to enjoy the Gulf Coast region.
- You Want It… We’ve Got It – West Marine surveyed Gulf Coast-area boaters and built the Fort Myers Store with their feedback in mind.
-There is a much broader selection of saltwater fishing gear with fishing experts on staff.
- A comprehensive selection of marine electronics, with nearly 100 products to touch and test.
- Increased selection of sailing gear and hardware.
- A full engine parts counter staffed by specialists.
- Extensive assortment of maintenance supplies and trailer accessories.
- Casual and technical apparel, shoes, sunglasses and accessories designed for your life on the water.
- Port Supply for Boating Businesses – The Fort Myers West Marine Store will be a regional hub for Port Supply, the wholesale business that supports marine businesses. With timely delivery of a broad selection of marine accessories and products at attractive pricing, Port Supply keeps Fort Myers-area boating businesses cruising.
Store Manager Dusty Felts, a Southwest Florida resident, has been with West Marine for over five years and has boated and fished in the area for the last 18 years. He owns an 18-foot Hewes Redfisher, and when he’s not at the store, he’s often out fishing between Boca Grande and Wiggins Pass. The crew of 40 Associates has more than 250 years of combined boating, sailing and fishing experience.
About West Marine
West Marine the largest specialty retailer of boating supplies and accessories, has more than 310 company-owned stores located in 38 states, Puerto Rico and Canada and three franchised stores located in Turkey. Our call center and Internet channels offer Customers over 75,000 products plus the convenience of exchanging catalog and Internet purchases at our Store locations. Our Port Supply division is one of the largest wholesale distributors of marine equipment serving boat manufacturers, marine services, commercial vessel operators and government agencies. For more information on West Marine's products and store locations, or to start shopping, visit http://www.westmarine.com or call 1-800-BOATING (1-800-262-8464)
Page Updated Last on: Jul 02, 2012