Five Snell & Wilmer Attorneys Named to Nevada Business Magazine’s 2012 Legal Elite
Snell and Wilmer attorneys Chad Fears, Richard Gordon, Justin Hepworth, Mandy Shavinsky and Justin Carley have been named as Nevada Business Magazine's 2012 Legal Elite. The five attorneys pracice in the firm's Las Vegas office.
The 2012 Legal Elite is a list of 225 Nevada lawyers selected by Nevada Business Magazine through nominations received from Nevada attorneys. Only about two percent of Nevada’s 10,790 licensed attorneys were recognized on the list—150 Southern Nevada lawyers and 75 Northern Nevada lawyers. The Best 50 Up and Coming Attorneys were selected in the same format as the Legal Elite with the additional criteria of each attorney must have been either under 40 years of age or licensed in Nevada for 10 years or less. Legal Elite 2012 is sponsored by Nevada Business Magazine — Nevada’s only statewide business magazine.
The following Snell & Wilmer attorneys have been named the 2012 Nevada Business Journal’s Legal Elite:
• Chad Fears' practice is concentrated in commercial and complex civil litigation. His commercial litigation experience includes contract disputes, financial services, bad faith insurance litigation, class action defense, and business torts. Additionally, Fears’ practice includes the defense of pharmaceutical companies. He has extensive experience in federal court, especially in devising litigation strategies regarding removal, standing, and jurisdiction. Fears earned his J.D. from Brigham Young University, J. Reuben Clark Law School.
• Richard Gordon’s practice is focused on complex commercial and civil litigation with significant experience in the areas of mergers and acquisitions and securities class actions; product liability/mass tort defense; insurance coverage; trademark and copyright infringement;
• Justin Hepworth’s practice is concentrated in commercial litigation, with an emphasis in bad faith insurance litigation and product liability litigation. He earned his J. D. from the University of Oregon School of Law.
• Mandy Shavinsky handles a wide array of complex real estate matters with an emphasis on commercial finance, loan workouts, real estate transactions and real estate development. She has provided advice to national, regional and local homebuilders and developers in connection with mixed-use projects and high-rise resort, condominium and condominium hotel developments. Shavinsky has been extensively involved with both buyers and sellers in the purchase and disposition of hotels, casinos, retail developments and undeveloped land. Shavinsky earned her J.D. from The Ohio State University College of Law.
The following Snell & Wilmer attorney has been named both a 2012 Legal Elite and a 2012 Best 50 Up and Coming Attorneys:
• Justin Carley's practice is concentrated in commercial litigation, with an emphasis on contract disputes typically related to real property, entity control, business conflicts, securities, and a variety of financial issues. He is experienced in federal and state litigation, AAA and other private arbitration, and a variety of forms of mediation and alternative dispute resolution. Carley’s recent case load deals primarily with the high-rise condominium and condominium/
About Snell & Wilmer L.L.P.
Founded in 1938, Snell & Wilmer is a full-service business law firm with more than 400 attorneys practicing in nine locations throughout the western United States and in Mexico, including Las Vegas and Reno, Nevada; Phoenix and Tucson, Arizona; Los Angeles and Orange County, California; Denver, Colorado; Salt Lake City, Utah; and Los Cabos, Mexico. The firm represents clients ranging from large, publicly traded corporations to small businesses, individuals and entrepreneurs. For more information, visit www.swlaw.com.