News By Tag
News By Location
Handle Your Personal Finance Easily
All too often people make the mistake of thinking that they are capable of handling their own finances without any worries at all. However, in most cases people learn rather
College students are usually the worst people at managing their money and they need the most assistance. Some college students are away from home for the first time and they are eager to start spending their money on the various things that they want. Here are some tips that can help these people handle their money better and make it last longer. When you are in college it is very important to make your money stretch as far as it can.
There are some simple rules to personal finance that are intended to help and if used correctly they will lead you on your way to financial comfort and freedom.
1. You should always put money away for an emergency. The recommended amount of time that you should save money is anywhere between six months to a year. This should be put into an account in which you cannot withdraw money for a specified amount of time or for a specific reason. By having the money in such an account you know it will be there any time you need it.
2. You should always pay off credit cards that have the highest interest rates first. While doing this you can continue to make the minimum payment on the card that has lower interest rate while paying a little more each month on the higher card.
3. If you are not sure where you are spending all of your money then it might be a good idea to start keeping a diary of some sort where you record your spending each day. You should record everything that you spend than at the end of the week or month you can sit and determine where you spend the most money and if there are any areas that you can cut out.
4. While you are trying to save money people sometimes make the mistake of thinking that charging things to a credit card will help them save. This is completely wrong. If you want to save money then you need to stop charging and pay cash whenever you can. The cash may be gone but you don't have to worry about making continuous monthly payments.
5. Avoid pressure to spend money. IF you do not want to spend the money then don't. That is the simplest of all rules. Do not let others pressure you into spending money unnecessarily.
Read more: http://www.eadviceopedia.com/