News By Tag
News By Location
Lakeside Hotel Honours Beatrix Potter With New
Ahead of the release in September of Emma Thompson’s new book, The Further Tales of Peter Rabbit, based on the famous character created by Beatrix Potter, the Lakeside Hotel and Spa is launching a special Beatrix Potter themed package.
By: Ideal PR
The package, which is designed to offer families the chance to visit some of the places that inspired Beatrix Potter to write her books, includes the following:
• Hill Top House – the former home of Beatrix Potter set in the picturesque village of Sawrey. The property has been kept exactly how it was left by Beatrix when she passed away and bequeathed the property to the National Trust. There are books and illustrations throughout and visitors can also walk through the gardens where Peter and his friends would have ‘lived’.
• Beatrix Potter Gallery – located in the town of Hawkshead this local gallery displays a number of Beatrix’s original transcripts and drawings.
• Wray Castle – Open this summer to the public for the first time in years, visitors can explore the place where Beatrix enjoyed her first holiday in the Lake District. It was her love of the castle and the area that drew her back and encouraged her purchase of Hill Top House from the money she earned from the sales of the first Peter Rabbit book.
• World of Beatrix Potter – this museum in the heart of Bowness is dedicated to the life and works of Beatrix Potter. Visitors can enjoy viewing the tales as they are brought back to life through a magical indoor recreation.
• Return cruise from Lakeside to Bowness and Wray Castle – to ensure visitors can reach all the attractions easily the package also includes tickets for Windermere Lake Cruises so they can travel via the Lake between each place.
The package costs £345 per adult and £120 per child under 12 when sharing with two fully paying adults. This includes three nights bed and breakfast accommodation with entry into all the afore mentioned attractions. Family rooms are available on request at an additional cost of £50 per child.
Lakeside Hotel (www.lakesidehotel.co.uk)
The Lakeside Hotel & Spa has this year been awarded ‘Large Hotel of the Year’ in Cumbria Tourism’s annual awards ceremony. The award recognises excellence in service, quality and facilities within the Lake District’s top hotels.
- ends -
For more press information The Lakeside Hotel contact Anthea Yabsley at IDeal PR (www.ideal-