June 12, 2012
-- Allergies to dust mites, pets and pollen cause misery for tens of millions of people with asthma, eczema and hayfever symptoms all year round. The new anti-allergy spray called Allercide™ contains natural plant ingredients which have been scientifically proven to destroy allergens from dust mites and pets.
Allergic reactions occur when proteins produced by dust mites, pets and pollens react with specific antibodies in the blood called Immunoglobulin E (Ig E). Not everyone produces these IgE antibodies but those who do often suffer from symptoms when they encounter an allergen that they are sensitive to.
Currently, the control of dust mites within the home is achieved mostly through the use of industrial insecticides. The implementation of the European Biocides Directive means that there is little incentive for companies to develop new compounds to kill dust mites due to the time and expense needed to gain approval for new chemical pesticides.
With this in mind, a new approach was needed, and the search was on for a safe, natural and scientifically proven alternative that ideally would reduce exposure to practically all airborne allergens.
Dr John Rees, research director of Allercide Ltd and member of the British Society for Allergy and Clinical Immunology (BSACI) for over twenty years said, “There have been many attempts of developing a spray that kills dust mites, the problem is that just killing the dust mites doesn’t necessarily remove the allergens which are excreted by the mites into our mattresses and furnishings. In contrast, allercides are chemicals that destroy the structure of allergens such as those produced by mites and pets preventing these proteins from triggering allergic reactions.”
“ We have worked hard to produce a functional allercide that is safe, easy to use and with natural active ingredients scientifically proven to destroy allergens at an affordable price. If you suffer from allergies then reducing your exposure to the allergens could help reduce your symptoms.”
Allercide™ has a recommended retail price of £3.99 for a 500mL trigger-spray bottle, is non toxic and manufactured from natural ingredients. The product is applied as a fine mist to mattresses and soft furnishings and left to dry. For further information please visit www.allercide.co.uk or call 01492 510 329