News By Tag
News By Location
Compuware Delivers Industry’s First IPv6 Support for Application Performance Management (APM)
Compuware APM Platform’s Support for IPv6 Addresses Complexity at the Edge of the Internet, Optimizing Application Performance of IPv4 and IPv6 Networks
The Internet is going through a major architectural change as its core network layer protocol, Internet Protocol version 4 (IPv4), is being replaced by IPv6 due to the rapid growth of the Internet and exhaustion of IPv4 addresses. This change adds complexity at the edge of the Internet to the way browsers and devices connect and how services operate and are accessed.
This puts end-user experience, revenue and brand reputation at risk and also impacts the way application performance is tested and monitored. Compuware’s analysis comparing performance of IPv4 and IPv6 URLs showed that on average IPv6 sites were 80 percent slower than their IPv4 counterparts.
The Compuware APM platform addresses these complexities with the following support for IPv6:
• Compuware Gomez Synthetic Monitoring now available for testing over both IPv4 and IPv6: this industry-first enables organizations to proactively test and monitor web applications on both IPv4 and IPv6 using the Gomez Global Performance Network from multiple global geographic locations across North America, Europe and Asia. Now organizations can find and fix IPv6 problems fast, ensuring quality end-user experience.
• Gomez Global Performance Network testing locations with IPv6 support now available at locations currently running IPv4 tests: now performance comparisons can be made with the same geographical profile. All Gomez charting options are available for IPv6 tests along with trend reports, waterfalls, step or network-level breakdowns for analyzing IPv6 performance and to quickly troubleshoot and resolve problems.
• dynaTrace User Experience Management (UEM) automatically provides insight into end users accessing web applications from IPv6-based networks: dynaTrace UEM now supports monitoring of users coming from IPv6 networks as well as web and application servers running on IPv6 networks. Setup, configuration and usage of IPv6 data within UEM all work the same way as IPv4, simplifying the use of the IPv6 functionality.
• dynaTrace Data Center Real-User Monitoring (DC RUM) now allows users to identify application performance problems regardless of the underlying network technology: DC RUM enables users to monitor applications, transactions and customer location-based end-user performance on IPv6 networks just as easily as on existing IPv4 networks.
• dynaTrace Synthetic Monitoring setup for IPv6 is now identical to IPv4 network setup: any configuration element that uses an IP address use IPv6 addresses. Reports that list Server IP addresses will now automatically show the IPv6 address when encountered.
“IPv6 is important to our customers and we understand the complexity it adds at the edge of the Internet that can cause poor application performance, putting end-user experience at risk,” said John Van Siclen, General Manager of Compuware’s APM business unit. “With Compuware APM’s support for IPv6, we can ensure that our customers have a smooth and successful transition to IPv6, with uninterrupted services.”
Visit the Compuware APM IPv6 solution page here.
Compuware APM® is the industry’s leading solution for optimizing the performance of web, non-web, mobile, streaming and cloud applications. Driven by end-user experience, Compuware APM provides the market’s only unified APM coverage across the entire application delivery chain—from the edge of the internet through the cloud to the datacenter. Compuware APM helps customers deliver proactive problem resolution for greater customer satisfaction, accelerate time-to-market for new application functionality and reduce application management costs through smarter analytics and advanced APM automation.
With more than 4,000 APM customers worldwide, Compuware is recognized as a leader in the “Magic Quadrant for Application Performance Monitoring” report. To read more about Compuware’s leadership in the APM market, click here.
Follow Compuware on:
• Twitter - CompuwareAPM
• Twitter - Compuware
• Facebook – CompuwareAPM
• Facebook - Compuware
• YouTube - Compuware
• APM Blog
• dynaTrace Blog
Compuware Corporation, the technology performance company, provides software, experts and best practices to ensure technology works well and delivers value. Compuware solutions make the world’s most important technologies perform at their best for leading organizations worldwide, including 46 of the top 50 Fortune 500 companies and 12 of the top 20 most visited U.S. web sites. Learn more at: http://www.compuware.com.