News By Tag
News By Location
Anoka Sprinkler Systems Company Offers Tips on Checking for a Sprinkler System Leak
Anoka, Minn. sprinkler systems installation and repair company says homeowners should be watchful on rising water bills, as this might mean a leaking sprinkler system.
“Preventing water leaks will prevent an increased water bill,” said company owner Chris Swanson. “After you’ve ensured there are no more leaks, it’s best to be proactive and correct any issues so the situation doesn’t get worse and cause you to shell out more money.”
Swanson offered the following tips for those who think their increased water bills might be the result of a faulty sprinkler system:
• Shut off all the water in your house for a short period of time. “If the water meter is still spinning, then it could be a leaking pipe or sprinkler head,” Swanson said. “If this is the case, then shut off all the water to the system and give your local sprinkler systems professional a call.”
• Keep an eye out for broken sprinkler heads, as there are indicative of leaks.
• “If you’re seeing weak output, and each head is getting a different amount of coverage, then it’s most likely a leak,” Swanson said.
• Is your yard getting more and more brown spots? It could be because of a broken water line or sprinkler head. “Also, look out for wet or soggy spots on your lawn,” Swanson noted. “If you’ve ruled all other possibilities, then look at your sprinkler system as the possible cause.”
• Lastly, if you’re seeing meter or valve boxes constantly filled with water, and this isn’t because of other drainage problems, then it might be something with your irrigation system.
For more information on sprinkler systems and Advanced Irrigation, readers can visit http://www.AdvancedIrrigationMN.com.