Happy Birthday Collective Intelligence! The Engine Of Panda Security, Celebrates Years On The Market
- Since its launch in 2007, Panda Security’s system for automatically scanning, detecting, classifying and disinfecting malware has processed more than 1.7 billion individual files
- The average number of infected PCs across the globe stands at 35%, with countries like China surpassing 54% - UK is 4th lowest with 23%
Bracknell, May 24th, 2012:
Panda Security, The Cloud Security Company, is celebrating the fifth anniversary of the launch of its cloud security system, Collective Intelligence, which automatically detects, scans, classifies and disinfects over 99% of all new malware received every day at PandaLabs. The system has now processed more than 1.7 billion files since its launch. The Collective Intelligence database currently occupies over 25TB and generates 500GB of logs every day.
In 2007, after two years of development, Panda Security made this pioneering technology available to users and it was this system that allowed the company to offer cloud-based protection solutions to home users and companies alike. This internationally-
Every day, Collective Intelligence receives more than 3 billion data requests from users of Panda solutions and processes more than 150,000 new files to determine whether or not they are malware. Currently, around 73,000 new, unique strains of malware appear every day. According to PandaLabs Q1 Report, this malware avalanche has elevated the average number of infected PCs across the globe to 35.51%, with China leading the ranking of most affected countries (54.25% of infected PCs), followed by Taiwan (47.15%) and Turkey (42.75%).
Thanks to this system, Panda Security was the first company to bring cloud-based security solutions to the market:
* Panda ActiveScan, scanning from the cloud since 2007.
* For home users, cloud scanning was implemented in the 2008 consumer solutions, and in the first antivirus designed specifically to protect from the cloud, Panda Cloud Antivirus in April 2009.
* For businesses, cloud-based scanning was offered through Panda Cloud Protection in November 2009, delivering protection for the three major infection vectors: servers and desktops with Panda Cloud Office Protection; email with Panda Cloud Email Protection; and Web traffic with Panda Cloud Internet Protection. Additionally, all the solutions can be delivered through the SaaS (Security-as-
Free Trial Of Panda Collective Intelligence Technology
Panda Security offers all users free trials of its groundbreaking technologies through the following solutions:
* Panda ActiveScan, on-demand scanning and disinfection. Available on the Internet at www.activescan.com
* Panda Cloud Antivirus(www.cloudantivirus.com)
* Panda Cloud Protectionfor corporate workstations, servers, email and Web traffic. Free trials are available from http://cloudprotection.pandasecurity.com.
Since 1990, PandaLabs, Panda Security’s malware research laboratory, has been working to detect and classify malware in order to protect consumers and companies against new Internet threats. To do so, PandaLabs uses Collective Intelligence, a cloud-based proprietary system that leverages the knowledge gathered from Panda’s user community to automatically detect, analyse and classify the more than 73,000 new malware strains that appear every day. This automated malware classification is complemented through the work of an international team with researchers specialized each in a specific type of malware (viruses, worms, Trojans, spyware and other attacks) to provide global coverage. Get more information about PandaLabs and subscribe to its blog news feed at http://pandalabs.pandasecurity.com/
For more information:
Visit our main website http://www.pandasecurity.com/
Tel. 0844 335 3791
Follow us on:
Facebook - http://www.facebook.com/
Twitter - http://twitter.com/
Youtube - http://www.youtube.com/